Why can't I get a boyfriend?

I don't know if it's just me or something I'm doing but I can't seem to get a boyfriend. Guys always say it's not the right time and it's not me, but they end up dating someone new right after. What am I doing wrong?

14

Most Helpful Guy

• Well what is your personality like, where are you meeting them, how do you act, what are your hobbies, what do you look like etc. etc? Need to know that before you can be given advice (chances are you are doing or saying something that makes them either see you as just a potential sex partner not a romantic one or you are unintentionally raising red flags or making yourself unapproachable).

Most Helpful Girl

• The real question is “why do you want a boyfriend?”, is it for the companionship? Is it because you feel left out? Is it because a boyfriend will validate your sense of self? Or is there a specific person who you want as a boyfriend who doesn’t seem to notice?

• It's for the companionship

• If it’s for companionship, I recommend a friend rather than a boyfriend. Boyfriends are always going to be more complex. Not to mention relationships are serious and you should only date someone you're attracted to, not just because you're lonely.
      Maybe you aren't going out enough, maybe you are insecure about your looks, maybe you're shy, or maybe you're too pretty and no one feels confident enough to ask you out.

• Well I keep getting told I treat my friends like they are my significant other. Guess I just want the real thing