Was this cheating?

So I met an online friend a while back and he helped me with building my confidence back up. And was a nice person to talk too. I did like him in a boyfriend way, but then I realized he was too far away I did flirt with him before. But I started talking to him today, again and to catch up. He knows I have a boyfriend, I told him we still are dating since he was there when I was talking about meeting up with him (my now boyfriend whom I love so much). I just wanted to see what he was up to, and then I quit talking to him. Is this cheating?

16

Most Helpful Guy

• In a technical sense, it's only cheating when contact or further flirting is involved.

In a loyalty sense, I'd call it cheating if "he's boyfriend material" ever enters your head while thinking of him. Of course, you can't be convicted of thought-crime, but innocent people don't often feel guilty. Once you find the one, make them /the/ one in your mind, as in there's no other. If you're open to this person being an 'other' in your mind, your guy will be open to being jealous in his mind. You don't have to break contact with him, just break considering him boyfriend material

Most Helpful Girl

• Talking to other guys , or even befriending them isn't cheating. If you hid your friendship with this guy from your boyfriend, you'd obviously have ulterior motives. That would be deceitful and disrespectful towards your SO. But if you're upfront about your friendship , and your boyfriend is aware of it then that's fine.

If people hide things from their partner , they are obviously up to no good. And lack respect for their SO