Why married men cheat?

This guy I met acts like he likes me, He's been doing this for 3 years straight. Just a few weeks ago I find out he has a ring on he's left hand and a child but he doesn't seem to care because when he saw me looking at the ring he was laughing like it was home funny videos I also noticed he has a gold and silver ring that he switches. he's always around me and eavesdropping that usually ends up in him looking at me some more because he's always looking at me or trying to make eye contact. He even hold me by my arm once. Even he's friends know about me and they act all nice. I always avoid him and act like he's casper and treat him cold but the more I do that he tries to make me notice him.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Two obvious possibilities:
    - He's a habitual cheater who loves the thrill + non monogamy and never stopped cheating, or only briefly. This is perhaps the most likely. There are less men like this, but since they cheat constantly, you will run into them a lot as a woman (much like not many people are telemarketers, but a large percent of phone calls I get are from telemarketers, because they phone people all day).
    - his marriage is poor or dead from a relationship standpoint, but they have kids and aren't going to split. this is a more common scenario, but these guys tend to cheat less frequently.

There's of course an outside possibility that he's in an open relationship, or perhaps you struck him as the most enchanting woman to walk the earth and he's motivated to cheat for the first time ever.

0|0
    0|0
    • he's been doing all this for the past 3 years and I don't think its funny at all but he won't stop i want to talk to him but at the same time I know how mean I can be and he has always been nice to me and when he sees I'm upset he stays by me or when I'm sad he walks around me with tedddy bears.

• So what is it you want to know?

• Why does he think it's funny to be doing all this for 3 years without any intentions of stopping when he knows he has a wife and kids and I'm not going to sleep with him because he knows I'm not that type of girl.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I think that in order to properly understand cheating one has to either have been very close to doing it or actually done it.

I've been very very close to cheating. Some will probably argue that I did cheat, but that's another discussion.
    My reason was not a lack of love or respect for my partner. Parts of my life just felt unfulfilled by my partner, but another woman was able to fill some of the gaps.

1|0
    0|0
  • Many reason that pours into it. But none of them is fir good reason.
    My brother in law pulled that shit and stopped looked at the situation.
    So my sis gripes about him being on game too much, not spending time with her, getting rid of his stash, and help with house chors when he's off. Now my sister tell his business out to the world, she call him names, start physical fights, and run to my mom she starts them. So he fix that. And then she still grills him about his past, arguing about his past, and they just can't get along. So he splits, gets a girl, and my sis comes home to a surprise. This open her eyes and she backed hell off of him. Now they argue less and none have any problems with each other. Suprisingly. But thats just 1 situation out of many. But still find it wrong for both genders to do it. No point man up and tell her your not into each other ad y'all used to.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because they are freakish all men.

0|0
    0|0
  • He is not happy with her wife

0|0
    0|0
  • Boredom same as women do

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes