Anyone meet someone from the opposite gender they really like, but nobody else really compares to them?

So i'm beginning to feel that once again i've turned a girl off for whatever reason, or she wasn't that interested to begin with, or she just wanted something casual and since I didn't make a sexual advance she's pretty much done with me, but I actually really liked her, lots of similar interests, humour, easy to be around etc.

No, it's not love, i'm not infatuated, i'm not angry or overly emotional it's just frustrating as hell.

But back to the topic, have any of you found this person, and you just don't feel like anyone else you've met/are around comes close to them?

Thing is, from the start I knew she was out of my league, or just too attractive or whatever but even so I still just want to spend time/talk to her etc, and when thinking of talking to anyone else it just doesn't feel the same (not as enjoyable, not as interesting etc?)

Once again, this isn't someone you think you "destined" with or "fate" or "love at first sight" etc, just someone you ended up really liking overall.

1|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah. Had the same with a guy a couple of years ago, we had a lot in common our humor was very similar. We had like a really good connection and would like finish each other sentences, but then he moved away and met another girl... So that was the end of that and I though I would never meet anyone like that ever again with all those similarities and connection. But this year it changed haha... So yeah I think tbh if it didn't work out with one person it was for a reason because if I think about if I had been together with the other guy I might have not met this other person who makes me even more happier :) So quintessence it all happens for a reason!!

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah I met this girl on tinder. She was cute. Nothing really happened between us. Just messaged never really talked. Met 6 months later. She is just so kind and nice it's unbelievable. Kinda spent time with each other. She is honestly the best person in the world, but she has a boyfriend. I don't think I could find someone with her personality again. She is a good friend and I would never want to mess up our friendship or get in the middle of her relationship.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Yeah, that's how I feel about my best guy friend. I just need to figure out how to stop being just friends lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah I definitely get that. There was someone on my quidditch team (yes I play quidditch) who I just generally liked overall. Conversation came so easily with him. But of course, he already had a girlfriend. And now when I meet new guys, it’s just not the same. Sometimes I feel like I will never click with someone the way I clicked with him. It is definitely frustrating.

0|0
    0|0
    • Ah, sorry to hear that. Damn it sucks, first time i've really liked someone but knew deep down I don't have a chance, even though she's still single now.

• Of course. That’s why it’s important to step up to interact so there aren’t regrets... or frustrations.

0|0
    0|0
    • I did step up, it's her who's seemingly not interested, therefore a lack of interaction back to me.

• Oh, sorry. I must have misinterpreted
      “since I didn't make a sexual advance she's pretty much done with me”

• It was the first time we met, at first I didn't think she was interested in something casual, but now i'm starting to believe she was.

• Yes.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes