How Long Do I Wait?

I tend to move on quickly. It never takes me months and months to get over some asshole I broke up with. My parents get pissy about that. I’m an adult, but they get angry about how quickly I move on. They say I should wait longer and date around before making a commitment. The thing is, I don’t know how many guys they expect me to “date around” with or where they think these dudes are coming from. And I don’t see why I should pass up a relationship with whoever I want just because he’s dude number 3 to take me on a date instead of dude number 4. Or it’s been 2 months of being single instead of 3.
So is that normal? How long am I supposed to wait and how much am I supposed to “date around”? It seems bizarre as hell. I’m confused.

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Im of the same opinion, im young (actually 16 but i put the wrong age in gag), and I've been in 3 different relationships (each for at least 4 months) but my mother is getting so pissy about it. From what i understand people expect you to "love" someone enough to not want to date someone for at least 3-4 months after the break up, and even then still "remember the good ol' days"

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah I don’t get it
      Like... he was an asshole anyway, that’s why we’re not together anymore 😂 I don’t see why they expect me to pass up an opportunity with someone great just because the last asshole was too recent.

• I followed u :)

• yea, its unreasonable but then again understandable as like i said romance is thought to leave really deep scars if it doesn't work out, and so we should recover first. but I've never really "fallen in love" like that, so I don't know i just dont fit into what people want. also i followed back :)

• Simple...
    Which is easier to undo
    1 knot or 2 knot

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes