How Long Do I Wait?

I tend to move on quickly. It never takes me months and months to get over some asshole I broke up with. My parents get pissy about that. I’m an adult, but they get angry about how quickly I move on. They say I should wait longer and date around before making a commitment. The thing is, I don’t know how many guys they expect me to “date around” with or where they think these dudes are coming from. And I don’t see why I should pass up a relationship with whoever I want just because he’s dude number 3 to take me on a date instead of dude number 4. Or it’s been 2 months of being single instead of 3.
So is that normal? How long am I supposed to wait and how much am I supposed to “date around”? It seems bizarre as hell. I’m confused.

02