Is it normal for things to feel overwhelming when dating a guy with a young child initially?

Our first date and first time meeting really was last Tuesday. We’ve gone on 3 dates total since. And we do have a great connection and I really feel good about it all, but it has been definitely... different? since he has a 2 year old. Who he has 2 days each week.
I’m 23, and told my parents I may not have children or if I do I want to be much older. Then I met this guy and I really feel good about him and a connection more than other guys I’ve ever seen. This guy is Hispanic, and all his family and coworkers already know about me. And he talks like he wants me around for awhile (he’s also 33 years old). Yesterday I saw some of his coworkers who are Hispanic, and this was our 3rd date, and his coworker asked me if I was ready to be his new mommy (the 2year old’s). And that honestly kinda made me speechless, and take a step back. His son is a handful, and he’s so cute and I do have fun with both of them but it’s just... a lot.. to take in? Especially since I have been in a mindset of no kids for a long time. Is this just something I have to get used to and will come around to? It’ll become normal in time? Or?

79

Most Helpful Girl

• This sounds very familiar. My older sister is going out with an older Hispanic guy whose got a young son. She says it can be a lot in the context of him already experiencing being a dad and the thought of taking care of his son when he already has a mother. She says it'll be overwhelming because it is a new environment but if you open up to your guy about taking it slower with his son then he might help. She also said she's sure that by time, his son will help you feel more prepared for any chance of motherhood and a good relationship with his son is sure to help the relationship with your man grow stronger.

• Haha weird! But thank you for sharing! That made me feel a lot better actually.

Most Helpful Guy

• As far as your story is concerned. I would say, if you didn't have to give birth to the child. You never have to held responsible for him. Beside his mum is alive. This bring you back to your main interest which is the guy. His son will always be a crucial part of his life, you're just gonna have to accept that. But your relationship with the guy had no downfalls cos 1 he's responsible, 2 he's a parent and men mature lot more than women when becoming parents. And 3 if a man introduced you to his child already. That mean he's not messing around... so you have nothing to worry about