Would you date someone who is an atheist or a different religion than you?

3241

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm an aetheist who dated a catholic, and we had no problem with it. It's a relatively small subject of life to avoid bringing up. Especially so if you just don't care one way or the other. Like, Hitchens probably would have a hard time of it, 'cause he's full of himself. Let the believers believe what they want, its no skin off my nose. If the person's worth it, be okay with performing whatever rituals they might ask you to perform, BUT discuss with them a frequency of indulgence in these rituals that would keep both of you satisfied (i. e. try for less often but allow them often enough, figure out which are most important to them and bring your A game to those ones). Sitting there in a pew for an hour a week contemplating morality with my wife didn't seem all that hard, and Christmas is totally worth the hassle

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly I couldn’t, I grew up in a Roman Catholic family and I myself am atheist and always have been. It caused a lot of friction in my life and though I would never intentionally offend or dishonour someone based on their faith I’ve become an elitist in that I feel religion is a crutch for a magnitude of short comings. So... no, unfortunately I’m just not that open minded

• I'm the same way... I would like to say religion wouldn't play a factor... but I know it will eventually down the line

• Yep hhhh