Should I text this guy?

I've been talking to this guy I've known for a year. We've been chatting for 3 weeks. We were just friends before, how we met was I was seeing his best friend at the time. That was never anything serious and ended about 4 months ago and we've been talking now. He says he's into me and would like to see where things go with us but has to get his friends okay first which I totally get. We talk everyday but once I didn't text him for a whole day, he didn't text me either so I texted him the next day, he replied right away he was thinking about me. After we had the discussion about him needing his friends okay I told him we didn't have to talk as much if that made him more comfortable so I didn't text him the next day, he didn't text either, then when he messaged me the following day he called me out for not texting him. We hung out that night and we have been texting everyday again, he's told me he likes me, is going to get his friends okay, compliments me all the time so I feel he's into me,(his dad is visiting so we haven't been able to hang out again) but he ends basically every message at the end of the night with " text me tomorrow" so I do but i feel like im always texting first. 2 nights ago he just said "goodnight, talk to you later" so I didn't text him but he didn't text me either! Why is this guy putting the ball in my court all the time? If he wants to talk to me why can't he just text instead of waiting for me? He had told me a lot of times he thinks im out of his league so I don't know if its an insecurity thing or what it is but im just getting frustrated with the fact that he's always expecting me to text first.. and if I don't he'll wait the whole day and won't text until the next and then will call out the fact that i didn't. We didn't speak yesterday and he's going camping out of cell phone range tomorrow.. do I text him tonight or wait for him to actually initiate?
So this guy did text me yesterday. We chatted for a little bit in the afternoon then I sent him a message around 4pm, asked a question in it and he never responded. Still haven't heard anything from him all day today.. Do I send one text before he goes out of town today? Or just leave it?

02