Why does almost every guy call a girl "baby" upon their first time talking?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It's kind of a trick to claim "ownership". The polar opposite would be the nice guy who pretends to have nooothing romantic in mind at all. So maybe it's also an obvious signal to the girl that they desire her. But yeah,, it's pretty sleazy. Maybe more skilled guys don't need it.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends on where you are. If you’re in a bar, and they’ve been drinking, they feel confident enough to call you that. If you’re on tinder, they’re able to hide behind a screen so they won’t get slapped.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I don't find every guy does this.

0|0
    0|0
  • Bc, in short, we're idiots. Probably not the answer you were hoping for

2|1
    0|1
  • I wanna see the responses.

Me personally, I believe its so you let your guard down quicker by buttering you up.

2|2
    0|0
  • In the first place I never called them Baby because I never thought they were babies I called them Babe to let them know how nice it was to be close to them and have them all my mind all the time that's just me I don't know about anyone else I hope that helps you.

0|1
    0|0
  • Well for me it depends on how comfortable I am with the girl

0|1
    0|0
    • Well that would make sense if thw girl has thw same feeling but just when u first starr talking to her is what i dont get

• It would be better if she felt that same way but most times we don't mean anything by it. But if you tell me it's an issue for you I will stop

• The girl might be an actual baby. Hmmm. 🤔🤔

Maybe they're big fans of Justin Bieber?

Or maybe, they watch too many movies. I'd go with bieber though, obviously the only logical explanation.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know, because I think I called a girl "baby", once in my life. When I was a teenager, getting used to my first real girlfriend.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't. 'Baby,' 'honey,' 'sweetie,' and various others show a complete lack of creativity.

0|2
    0|0
  • Because you dont have a nickname formality is a waste of time, babe or baby is a sign of endearment to show that you are closer than a formal Ms. Smith or a first name kind of thing, but if you prefer to called something else say so.

0|0
    0|0
  • Every guy? Personally, I reserve that for someone who I'm close to. I have noticed that way down south, like in Florida, "baby" is used more casually, like when a waitress says, "more coffee baby?". I love that about Florida!

0|0
    0|0
  • Who the fuck have you been talking to? Sounds to me like you are a bit surrounded by losers… better check twice the people go make frienship with

0|0
    0|0
  • Because she's just like looking after a baby probably. Guys seen to have to pay for everything and be responsible for everything that goes on. Like when both get drunk it's the guy who's held responsible for what ever happens.

0|0
    1|0
    • Wow. Your have been with awful people to gather that opinion.

• I find that calling people by their real name right off the bat leaves a far better impression. It creates familiarity pretty fast

0|0
    0|0
  • That's a damn good question! I'm going to sit this one out and just read the comments if you don't mind baby girl? Hehe

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't honestly do that but i would assume it is because they are trying to act confident in themselves to get a date.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've never heard of or seen a guy call a girl baby when just meeting them tbh. That seems a bit aggressive really.

0|0
    0|0
  • The guy calls a girl baby either because to let her know that he likes her or that he thinks she is cute or she is wearing a diaper

0|1
    0|0
  • 0|1
    0|0
  • Because that's what they have learned is culturally acceptable to refer to a woman if they consider them someone they'd possibly date.

0|0
    1|0
  • Actually its the girls that start with, later on we just get used to it and even we start saying. I personally hated when my partner said it to me but it just caught my tongue later

0|0
    0|0
  • Bc there immature asf don't know how to treat a beautiful lady it's fucked how guys now a days talk to girls is very uncalled for but ya pretty messed up

0|0
    0|1
  • Cause he wants her to take on a submissive role instantly. Whether conscious or unconscious, he is trying to make a power play.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have not seen that happening. Where are you from that it is the case?

0|0
    0|0
  • It's called warming up to a person. He call you baby. You think it, like the idea and embrace that shit lol or find the whole thing weird which is a matter of perception

0|0
    0|0
  • If I do that it's definitely something along the line "Ay bby want sum fuk" etc. meaning I have no intention of talking seriously to them.

0|0
    0|1
  • Ugh. That’s cliché. Depending on where things are at, she may

0|0
    0|0
  • I have no idea. Its so annoying and creepy when some dude I've never met does it and guys need to stop

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know but I bloody hate it and any guy who says it, even ones I like have automatically lost respect and any chance of a date or friendship.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well there's a reason why they call YOU babe <3 holy sheet.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't, but I always figured that girls liked being called that for whatever reason.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't but women call me baby and it is most irksome

0|1
    0|1
  • The first time talking? Yeah I've never done that, sounds like something fuckboys would do

0|1
    0|1
  • They really don't though, stop looking at the world through your asshole and open your eyes.

1|0
    1|0
  • maybe it's a cultural thing? XD to me this isn't normal at all.

0|1
    0|0
  • Because they watch too many rap videos and think that'll make them sound suave.

0|0
    0|0
  • I dont know why. But i will let you know that sometimes us dudes think we are a lot cooler than we think we are

0|0
    0|0
  • Can I see the statistics that prove your claim? I can't answer a question that has no actual basis to be correct.

0|0
    0|0
  • Bcoz boys tries to put good impressions and become friend of that girl and boys show girls like how he gonna treat that girl with a lot of care n all

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't call girls baby personally. I think they're trying to make c themselves seem less threatening to the girl?

0|0
    0|0
  • Its bcoz a girl can't expect a guy to address (girl) as a little monster or by the name unless you let him know.

0|0
    0|0
  • The guys I know don't call girls baby? Maybe it's S thing on your area only?

0|0
    0|0
  • I find it hard to believe that almost every guy calls a girl baby upon their first time talking.

0|0
    0|0
  • They don't. I think it is just people around you trying to be endearing.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've honestly never noticed that, nor do i do that. I think you're projecting.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sounds just so sweet. Don't think too much about it, it isn't used to be a insult, baby.

0|0
    0|0
    • Dont call me that

• Show All
    • Well if you don't want to be called like that, you better change your name cause neither I nor a lot of other guys with some selfconfidence will call you "queen". Don't be that arrogant. It's unsexy.

• Its just a user name tbh and if ur gonna get ao offended by it then dont bring it up leo cause i prefer to be called Vivi not queen i just put that as my user name cause i couldnt think of anything else

• If a guy calls you baby it’s because you’re a sexy babe!!!

0|0
    0|0
  • I dont i always say beautiful or sweetheart.. And I don't know really

0|0
    0|0
  • Regional thing? because around here if your a guy every girl is love and every guy is mate.

0|0
    0|0
  • That's annoying. I don't do that until we're more intimate

0|0
    0|0
  • It's not every guy, just the type you hang around.

1|0
    0|0
    • I dont hang out with very many guys in general ita only when i create a profile on dating apps tbh

• Show All
    • I don't know, people are weird and use images of other people for their profile pic. How am I supposed to know if that's you or not?

• True but it is me so dont worry

Show More

Recommended myTakes