Why does almost every guy call a girl "baby" upon their first time talking?

1795

Most Helpful Guy

• It's kind of a trick to claim "ownership". The polar opposite would be the nice guy who pretends to have nooothing romantic in mind at all. So maybe it's also an obvious signal to the girl that they desire her. But yeah,, it's pretty sleazy. Maybe more skilled guys don't need it.

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends on where you are. If you’re in a bar, and they’ve been drinking, they feel confident enough to call you that. If you’re on tinder, they’re able to hide behind a screen so they won’t get slapped.