Too soon for a gift?

Hello, I have been seeing this girl for two months now... met at my coworker's baby shower and went on our first date a few weeks later. We have been on four dates and each one has been better than the last, we have a blast together (and we have been kissing at the end of the last three).

I've been out of the dating scene for a while, got out of an almost four year relationship last year and been single since. I still struggle at times with holding myself back, I definitely know how capable I am of being a bit overbearing, but I feel I'm doing pretty well... not texting repeatedly or too often, slowly increasing physical touch, etc.

I have been initiating most of the texting and plan making, which I don't mind. She has a daughter and is a pre-school teacher so I know she's busier than I am. Her birthday is coming up and I was considering designing my own card and leaving a single red rose with it at her work which is actually close to my home. Just wondering if that seems overbearing at all? (since our second date I've paid for her meals, movie and whatnot but no planned gifts... yet)

01