Is it very strange for a 17/18 year old girl to date a 15 y/o boy?

asking because i feel extremely disgusted for even talking to him. he lied about his age and it’s really made me feel gross, i liked him and actually developed feelings for him having thought he was 17 too. his sister is the same age is me it’s so wrong, his defence was “oh well, I’ve been with girls much older than you” which I know is obviously a lie in a pathetic attempt to reassure me that age isn’t an issue but three years in this age group is but it’s not like a 20 year old dating a 23 year old or anything.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Aside from the lawful side, what difference does it make how old he was anyway. He obviously was mature enough and made you feel things thay anyone of any age can do so I personally dont see the problem with it.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Times flies fast, he'll quickly be 20 and you 23. But you know if age gap bothers you so much, it won't change when he's older. If you had great chemistry and you have feelings for him, it only means that he is mature enough for you and that's the important. And three years is really nothing. But I understand that it makes you feel unwell. For one thing she shouldn't have lied about his age.
    When I was 15 I started talking to guy who was five years older, we understood each other perfectly and talked comfortably about anythinh, and had a great friendship. He was more experienced for sure, so I only learned from him lots. We're still friends up till now.

0|0
    0|1

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 7

• I dunno, this post kind of proves how ageist girls are when dating. He had to lie because otherwise you wouldn't date him. You like him otherwise, but the only thing that matters is that he's slightly younger than you.

0|0
    0|0
    • She could simply not be into guys that age. I know I wouldn't date a 15 y/o boy because the maturity difference is too big and I don't wanna get in trouble, nor do I agree with legal adults dating minors.

• Show All
    • 15 y/o guys can be very different from 17 y/o ones. The point is that he lied to her and she didn't ask him to or something equally stupid. He should've just been honest.

• @sugarette

No. She's complaining about his younger age, showing that he was right to lie about it in the first place.

• Depends on the culture/law where you live. If you waited until he was 16 then mayyyyybe. My grandparents got together when he was 14 and she was 16 and remained married for 60 years nearly. So it's not beyond the realm of possibility

0|0
    0|0
  • Drop him. Now! When you turn 18 you could be convicted of indecent liberties with a minor.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes its strange to date someone that much younger then you.

0|0
    0|0
    • It is only three years?

• I know but the fact that he can't drive. Plus he's a minor if you're 18 then it's on the verge of illegal.

• Do your thing young cougar.

0|0
    1|0
  • It's not a big deal.

0|0
    0|0
  • very starnge , but no one is gonna bash u tho, since you're a girl

0|0
    0|0
    • Sad but true

• But it is more socially acceptable for men to date girls who are a lot younger than them, which is common, than women dating younger men, not even a year or two, and it becomes something to criticize.

• I would luv to date and older girl

What Girls Said 5

• Dated a 14 y/o guy when I was 17. He was way more mature than any other guys I've known. Just give it a try if you truly like him.

0|1
    0|0
    • You don’t think it’s really wrong considering I turn 18 in two months?

• Not gonna lie, it's legally right as long as they're nothing sexual otherwise it's classed as statutory rape. And you would be arrested, that's the most scary part.
      But. It's a reasonable age difference. And love has no age gap right? No one respect the laws nowadays. lol
      Just do not have sex until both of you are legal. That's it.

• It’s not appropriate at your ages. I would feel upset too if I was in your situation

0|1
    0|0
  • My second cousin who is 15 but look slike 19 becauwe he is super tall is dating a lady who is 18 and on her first year of college. He likes older women.

0|0
    0|0
    • so you think it’s somewhat acceptable? I’m just afraid of other people’s judgement

• Yeah, that's like stagetory right there. He shouldn't have lied. Dump him like a hot potato

0|0
    0|0
  • It may be illegal if he is 18

0|1
    0|1

Recommended myTakes