Is it a date or no?

I just came from work and stopped and my grocery store and ran into one of my younger guy friends. I went back later because I forgot something that I needed and he was on a short break and he came to talk to me while on his like 10 minute break. As I was finally leaving he asked me what I was doing this weekend since I am so buy and I said "idk I will probably just stay home and chill, hang with friends or whatever. After he found out I was free he asked if I was down to hang and we can talk about computer stuff (we are both into tech and study in the tech field) I said "sure" because he lives like 5 minutes away from me. To me it's just us chilling out but I don't know if he interpreted it as a date. He just turned 19 and I am 22 (will be 23 in a few months) and so if he thinks of it as a date it might be awkward. I love him as a friend but the age gap is awkward and I prefer guys older than me (they tend to be a lot more mature when they are older) and am not sure if I could ever date someone more than a year max younger than me. I am open to just hanging and chilling out but I am confused as to what just happened lol (I have never had guys like me or ask me on dates before). Do you think it's a date or just him being nice and genuinely wants to hang out?

04

Most Helpful Guy

• Do you've never had a date or had guys like you, but you only go for older guys? Your a classic girl "I only like older guys, they are mature". Come on, I'm sure your better than that

• I never said I like only older guys I said that I prefer older guys. However, most men older tend to be more mature and no I’ve never had a date or a guy like me before. I could date someone younger but not more then 1-2 years younger considering the stage of life I am in right now. You know? Haha yeah you’re right. We shall see how it goes I guess.

• I don't like him more than a friend. He seems like a very nice guy but I have never liked him romantically. Besides, to me he's still a teenager so it feels weird. Like, I don't even think we have anything else in common besides the tech thing. If I liked him I guess I would be more open to the idea depending but to me us hanging out genuinely means hanging out not a date. I could never see me and him married. Besides I like someone else who I actually think would work out if we dated. Yeah that's true you have a good point. I'll see how everything goes this weekend when we hang and see what happens after.

• I do plan on marrying my first boyfriend hopefully