Should I get her a birthday gift?

A girl I've recently started going out with (so not exactly my girlfriend technically) is having her birthday coming real soon. Should I get her something? And if yes, what? What would a girl like from a guy for her bday?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Since you're not in a committed relationship, I wouldn't get anything too significant. Maybe her favorite snack or candy or a funny card. You want something that is light and doesn't come off too strong or needy, but you still want her to see that you cared enough to remember her birthday and get her something.

0|0
    0|0
    • I have a bottle of champagne I brought back from my vacation in France a few weeks ago, it's a Mo√ęt & Chandon imperial, is alcohol good?

• 7d

Alcohol is good, but just get something small not too fancy. Nothing more than $20.

Most Helpful Guy

• A small gift maybe, or take her out. Nothing big.

0|0
    0|0
    • Half the girls that answered recommend flowers, what'd ya think?

• I'd just give a gift basket of some soup, body lotion, etc. Bath and body works has them on sale and you can get a lot of stuff for like $20. Bouquet of flowers will run you $40-60 depending of if you go for flower shops.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 4

• I'd get her something small and sweet. Flowers are usually a safe bet or something similar. It's not about fancy gifts, it's just to let her know you were thinking of her and making a thoughtful gesture

0|0
    0|0
  • I can't think of any reasons you shouldn't get her something. Just don't spend a ton of money. Make sure it's something she would like. I personally find flowers to be the most pointless gift ever, but some girls like them, so...

0|0
    0|0
    • What's wrong with flowers? Half the the girls that answered my question so far recommended them?

• 7d

I just dont soo the point like "Here, someone killed some flowers and I bought them so you can watch their life force drain out of them over the course of the next week". Some do like them. I just would rather get something I can keep forever.

• The last guy I was "dating" was a true sweetheart, he barely knew me (like almost three months i believe) no present. He said Febraury is my month so he took me out every weekend to some very nice expensive resturants, movies, bar hoping, visited different beaches and a short trip to Mexico. All I can say is that those dates were way better than flowers and a present. I hope you do something special for that girl of you really like her, best of luck!

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd say that flowers is a good option if you don't know her very well. Or a gift card.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes