Should guys without relationship experience lie?

Girls (at least the ones on here) actively look to guys with relationship experience, but should guys without experience like to get their foot in the door, or be honest and be rejected?

I would feel bad lying but years of being alone is taking it's toll and my life is slipping away.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Not at all worth lying about. Let’s say things went according to plan by lying, do you honestly think lying about something so essential to who you are as a person will lead to a happy relationship? Also, relationship/sexual experience is not something I look for in a partner, and I honestly think that is a very shallow standard to hold.
    Based on your bio, you’re 24 at the OLDEST, so you have plenty of time to gain experience and find the person you think is right for you... just have faith 😊

0|0
    0|0
    • But you said that experience is something that is so essential to who I am as a person. Since I have 0 experience doesn't that make me not a person?

• Show All
    • No... that’s why I said you should seek confidence outside of dating. You can’t seek validation from other people and be truly happy with yourself

• I do feel confident though. just not when it comes to girls, but I fail to meaure up.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Better to be yourself and be alone than loved for someone your not. I don't know who said that but I agree. Do you really wanna date women that fall for liars? If a girl has fun with you and feels comfortable, and she writes you off for that she's not practicing an open mind either. Don't focus on it. Also you don't have to lie if you never bring it up. Keep it to yourself. Your past relationships are none of their business anyway.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just be honest about it and if they like you enough they will accept you.

0|1
    0|0
    • But girls say they naturally don't like guys with no experience

• Show All
    • Yes, but if they see how sweet you are after getting to know you they might give you a chance. It is better to date an inexperience guy that is sweet rather than a liar. No one want to be lied to, I used to had a thing with this guy and lost all of my feelings for him after I knew how much he had lied to me.

• Short can't change but inexperience can change

• You don't have to bring it up, but you should do your best to be honest. Lying is NOT attractive to women. Women need to feel like they can trust you. Lying destroys that.

Don't overestimate relationship experience. It's not like if you make an effort to make yourself attractive and put yourself out there and pursue some women that they are going to stop you mid-flirt and ask to see your dating CV...

thematinggrounds. com

0|0
    0|0
  • I never once told a lie
    you are evil incarnate son,
    you are the cause of my darkness,
    you make razors rain on my heart

whatever lie more, i need to be more dark and deep.
    everyone lies, except me i'm trustworthy

0|0
    0|0
  • I've only dated virgins (until they met me) and yes would be pissed if the dude lied to me. Shows I can't trust them straight away

0|0
    0|0
  • No it's not worth lying about, in my opinion. If things end up going great and she finds out or you end up telling her, that breaks trust.

0|0
    0|0
    • So at what point do I give her this information? On first contact?

• Just try to forget and not stress about it! She may not even care or even bring it up, so don't worry. Plus, it's not a bad thing.

• But what if she's talking to a friend of mine and they bring up she's my first girlfriend, she find out not from me so wouldn't that break the trust?

• Be honest.
    My current boyfriend haven't had a real relationship before me.

If he had lied about it, I would break up as soon as I foud out.
    Dealbreaker.

0|0
    0|0
  • No need to lie but stick to a dont ask dont tell policy. Focus on the future and the present rather than the past. Unless you have STDs, children or gay experiences a lot of women dont mind.

1|1
    0|0
  • I dont know about other people, I would just be honest. Admit to them you dont have much experience and if they're actually worth your time they'll understand and be supportive of that. If they aren't, then you're better off without them.

0|0
    0|0
  • Single all my life, won't lie
    I am great, and If she thinks that bad, then I would consider not going through with it

0|0
    0|0
  • I felt disrespected when i found out he was a virgin i pitied him and knew i was above him

0|0
    0|0
  • No. She'd probably notice it anyway. Better be honest from the start

0|0
    0|0
    • I see, so inexperienced guys should just remain inexperienced right?

• Show All
    • Especially after 18, most girls prefer and date older experienced males. So admitting I'm inexperienced makes it quicker for them to write me off from the dating pool

• I think you meant why. Most people don't give a flying fuck about experience.

• Really the only time you should lie in life is if you should to avoid hurting someone's feelings. So no, don't lie about it. The fact that you don't have experience shouldn't be something to scare girls away and if it does then screw the girl that does. Having no experience doesn't mean you'll get rejected, infact you could sometimes use that to your advantage by making a girl feel special about being your first. My best piece of advice is keep trying, keep learning from experience how to talk with girls and don't give up.

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't ever start any relationship based on lies, just my opinion

1|0
    0|0
  • Never. Doesn't make sense. You'd be found out anyway...

0|0
    0|0
  • No, if you dont know say you dont know. "I dont know" is a better answer than incorrect information

0|0
    0|0
  • No. Only mention it if asked. DO NOT LIE!

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope. Truth is always the best.

0|0
    0|0
  • No just be honest

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes