2 months into a relationship and seeing numerous red flags?

My boyf is 31 his ex is 21 and I’m 23 , my current boyfriend of two months left a girl he was dating in February to be with me. He told me he complained to her about standing up to her family and she never did it and how her family didn’t even like him to begin with. Her parents didn’t like his age and felt like he was using her because she was so young. He told me the main problem he had was they would have sex but she couldn’t spend the night with him because her parents told her she couldn’t stay. He told me he told her many times and begged her to stay but she wouldn't. my boyfriend and his ex work together too.

So the last day of February he left her and ten days later we were in a relationship. He bluntly told her he met someone else and was leaving her. He told me how she was upset and tried begging for him back but he kept apologizing to her telling her he was sorry and that he still wanted to be there for her. i went through his phone. The day after he broke up with her though he texted her first saying “hey sweetie how are you doing” he initiated the conversation the next day after that too saying “hey sweetie how’s your day going so far” the week after he broke up with her she was still trying to see him and he was trying to clear his schedule to see her too from the text.

Two weeks went by and neither one of them texted each other until last Saturday he texted her first asking how she was doing she didn’t reply. I see text from him asking was she at work that particular day. today i see text from her saying she missed him and said she hoped he was doing good and he said i miss you too sweetie i hope you’re doing alright sweetie.

A few weeks ago while with my boyfriend we saw his ex in the store and they were laughing , flirting, talking abut their little inside jokes, smiling at each other, he was teasing her right behind my back. And before we left the store he tugged on her hair , looked like he wanted her attention

126330

Most Helpful Guy

• 10 days after a break up and he hooked up right with you that's something fishy from the start. Texting his ex shows he's not done with her yet and as he clearly stated his breakup was about not getting physical so I can bet her ex's parents were absolutely right judging him. Probably he's just trying to use you either to make her jealous and get her in bed or maybe he may be trying to play two balls at same time.
    Best will be to cut of with him as soon as possible else you might end up being her s*x toy , he won't be showing you any commitment and he may lie up some fancy story to get your emotional side. Life's just not about making own mistakes dear it's about learning from others too. So give it a think if he can do it with her ex you ain't gonna be no different, no matter how much he tries to convince you. You are pretty young, it's not the end of world with him, you have an excellent long future ahead. It would be much better to wait till ya meet someone who actually deserves you.

• they did have sex but he said she woudnt committ and stand up to her parent sso she could stay over

• @Allesana yes you can

• It doesn't look like he's ready to commit.

Most Helpful Girl

• All those things are red things, and he left her because she couldn't stay with him during the nights?
    This shows he is just after lust and physical pleasures.
    Perhaps, few years later you will become his ex too.
    I feel like he is not going to marry any girl, for him and for most guys relationships are just time pass.

My advice is, whether you choose to follow it or not- don't sleep with him before marriage, if he truly loves you and wants a serious long term relationship, he should marry you and speak to your parents, and his parents should also speak to your parents to ask for your hand.

Plus do your parents know about him and does his parents know about him?

In the old days, sex outside marriage was adultery.
    In the old days, girlfriend was called a mistress.

No offense to anyone but you invited me to share my opinion, and that is all I am doing, the rest is your choice.

• I think it was because she was under her parents thumb

• @ChurchOfIron Love is never irrelevant except to those who do not know how to love. Sex isn't love.

• @TrixiePooch It kinda is irrelevant when it's love that has been dead for 2,000 years and existed within an entirely, entirely different social structure, where women were treated like property.

Sex is fun. It's enjoyable. It's healthy to have, so long as one is careful. And it might not "be" love, but it definitely strengthens relationships.