Do you think he’s telling the truth, or do you think he lead me on? please help me out?

This guy and I have been talking for 3 months now, and he has expressed his feelings to me a few times, but he said he didn’t want to get in a relationship because of the distance. (We’re 6 hours apart). So I suggested that we just be friends, but he kept talking to me and asking me questions that “just friends” wouldn’t ask each other. I texted him and basically told him that if we’re not on the same page, then we’re both wasting our time, and he replied with, “I told you we were just friends. The last thing I want is to hurt you... it was great talking to you, we have been really good for each other... I really do like you and I’m sorry you feel uncomfortable being close to an unavailable guy... I can help you find what you want... I’m lonely and want to date again, but can’t because of work.”

21