Question about a boy hitting my girlfriend up?

Just have a question for you all, so tho guy my girlfriend has been friends with lives states away probably about 18 hours away. I’ve been dating my girlfriend for about a year now and she lives about 3 hours away from me, but thankfully she wants to go to the same college as me and has gotten accepted and now has a place 10 minutes away from me. Anyways, this guy has been her friend (not close) but talked to her for a couple years maybe 4. He hit up my girlfriend a few months ago on Snapchat because she was at a party and had a cop costume on and he damn well knew she was drunk/with someone and he said “arrest me daddy😍😛😋” when he swiped up. He’s done this multiple times before that. I got mad and she let him know that she was with someone and I let it slide, whatever. Recently, him and his girlfriend broke up they were together for only a couple of months and he had not contacted my girlfriend for a while (2 months or so) but they broke up I noticed in his bio. A day later he snapchats her saying he dumped her, and started talking to her about “remember the good times we shared back then you said this stuff to me, we’d do this and this etc.) and then here’s where I got mad. He asks “where you going to college Florida state? I’ll be close to you then!” She goes no actually I’m going to a college like 10 minutes away from my boyfriend (it’s a good college too she isn’t going there just because of me). He got mad at her and said “🙄🙄🙄” then “just go here I thought you said you were going here back then” (when they were in 7th grade they had like this thing where they both would go to FSU but obviously things change over time😂). But I got angry and told her to block him on everything, she did kindly and wasn’t mad at me but was I right to tell her to do so?

My girlfriend is very loyal and I love her, but I don’t like the idea of a guy hitting her up whenever he wants and whenever he’s single to talk to her.

10