Is too much conversation a bad thing?

I've noticed a trend in dating/flirting/social relationships in general where the "conversation" is short, shallow messages back and forth. Is this the new norm? I'm a guy that likes to talk - I enjoy actual conversation, with substance. Could that be affecting my dating success? Are people unwilling to read a message longer than a sentence or two, or take the time to reply in kind? I'm honestly really, really bad at the kind of casual small talk that seems to be the key to success on the internet lately.

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I think people keep it vague to protect themselves from falling for someone too quick but most online things are just hook ups don't think many people now have the time or patience for anything deeper

0|1
    0|0
    • Yea, it's frustrating to be looking for an actual connection in a hookup culture. Unfortunately, as someone who doesn't have a lot of time to go out and be social, and is generally pretty bad at it anyway, online dating is my only real option, and I guess the odds are always going to be stacked against me in that case

Recommended myTakes