Ex boyfriend wants to go to dinner but I am still hurt by the breakup--advice?

My ex-boyfriend didn't like how my family was super religious and we stopped seeing each other. Now months later he texted me to congratulate me on graduating and then called me and go out for dinner.

I was so hurt and sad when he drifted off and didn't want to speak to me before because I still cared about him. He lives in the city now for a difficult job and I think he is lonely and stressed and is turning to me to make himself feel better.
We are supposed to go out to dinner tm and I don't want to go if this is the case!

Does anyone who has been in a similar situation have advice?
Updates:
*still have feelings for him (just to make matters more complicated)

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I would go and talk to him. I wouldn't consider it a date, and make that clear to him. Make clear also that your feelings are still undecided and this meeting is to help you make up your mind. Keep in mind that this guy walked away and did not respect your previous choices regarding your beliefs. Also that there are many many more men out there who haven't had a chance with you yet, while this guy has and turned it down. If he's just using you as emotional support, he is still just using you, not respecting you.

3|1
    0|0
    • thank your for the insight!

Most Helpful Girl

• Just tell him you’re still in love with him and you can’t go. Move on.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• If yo u don't want to go, don't.

Regardless of how you feel about him. Your emotional well being is more important

1|1
    0|0
    • thanks for the advice!

• If you were supposed to go with him tonight or you have plans with him stick to your plans but if you have doubt don't do it.
    It can be incredibly hard to say no because of the feelings
    Heck do what feels right
    So you won't regret it later like myself

1|0
    0|0
  • if you dont want to go just tell him. if he asks why be honest with him. hell understand

1|1
    0|0
    • thanks for the advice!

• For sure the feelings cannot just disappear... go if you ready to take him back

0|0
    0|0
  • Its just dinner, why not go?

1|0
    0|0
  • Don't go then

0|0
    0|0
  • He's an ex for a reason.

0|0
    0|0
  • You first. Don't go if you don't feel like it

0|0
    0|0
  • if you still talk to an ex, you never broke up

0|0
    0|0
  • If you don't want to go just don't go and also I believe that stressed people are the most dangerous people be careful if you do go. Sorry I don't have any actual advice on this situation.

2|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes