Ex boyfriend wants to go to dinner but I am still hurt by the breakup--advice?

My ex-boyfriend didn't like how my family was super religious and we stopped seeing each other. Now months later he texted me to congratulate me on graduating and then called me and go out for dinner.

I was so hurt and sad when he drifted off and didn't want to speak to me before because I still cared about him. He lives in the city now for a difficult job and I think he is lonely and stressed and is turning to me to make himself feel better.
We are supposed to go out to dinner tm and I don't want to go if this is the case!

Does anyone who has been in a similar situation have advice?
*still have feelings for him (just to make matters more complicated)

210

Most Helpful Guy

• I would go and talk to him. I wouldn't consider it a date, and make that clear to him. Make clear also that your feelings are still undecided and this meeting is to help you make up your mind. Keep in mind that this guy walked away and did not respect your previous choices regarding your beliefs. Also that there are many many more men out there who haven't had a chance with you yet, while this guy has and turned it down. If he's just using you as emotional support, he is still just using you, not respecting you.

• thank your for the insight!

Most Helpful Girl

• Just tell him you’re still in love with him and you can’t go. Move on.