Is it possible to have a long term relationship and not include sex *yet*?

There's this one guy i really like who's kind of showing signs to me too. And the fact is, i know he's been with quite number of girls.. and that he is sexually active. I need advice if i should at least give it a shot or not? And no, i am not planning on having sex yet. I'm not ready, i dont care anymore if some people laugh when hearing stuff like this. No, im not doing this to "test" the guy, i just don't see myself being ready yet and i know if i rush things like this ill deeply regret it. I assume he expects im in to sex already and i understand why, im 18 and this is 21st century. But my point is do you think I'll just waste our time if i try to make it work?

36

Most Helpful Girl

• That decision is up to you, if you do get together, he is more likely to cheat because you won't (don't feel pressured to do anything because of this) "get it on" with him, not saying he will, he might genuinely care for you and is willing to wait. Just think of the pros and cons if you start a relationship with him and you might have your answer.

• Yes exactly, one of the things im worried about. Higher chance he'll just cheat, which is worse than just not to be in a relationship with him at all. Thank you for this

• Yes, i will take your advice 😊

• Ok hope everything works out for you!😊

Most Helpful Guy

• What's the harm ok trying to make it work?

Pros: he's into you that much and waits with you.

Cons: he's not into the idea and you move on to better things.

Most important thing here is, if you do pursue him, don't let him pressure you into doing it.

• You're right, thank you this is really helpful.