Is it possible to have a long term relationship and not include sex *yet*?

There's this one guy i really like who's kind of showing signs to me too. And the fact is, i know he's been with quite number of girls.. and that he is sexually active. I need advice if i should at least give it a shot or not? And no, i am not planning on having sex yet. I'm not ready, i dont care anymore if some people laugh when hearing stuff like this. No, im not doing this to "test" the guy, i just don't see myself being ready yet and i know if i rush things like this ill deeply regret it. I assume he expects im in to sex already and i understand why, im 18 and this is 21st century. But my point is do you think I'll just waste our time if i try to make it work?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• That decision is up to you, if you do get together, he is more likely to cheat because you won't (don't feel pressured to do anything because of this) "get it on" with him, not saying he will, he might genuinely care for you and is willing to wait. Just think of the pros and cons if you start a relationship with him and you might have your answer.

1|0
    0|0
    • Yes exactly, one of the things im worried about. Higher chance he'll just cheat, which is worse than just not to be in a relationship with him at all. Thank you for this

• Show All
    • Yes, i will take your advice 😊

• Ok hope everything works out for you!😊

Most Helpful Guy

• What's the harm ok trying to make it work?

Pros: he's into you that much and waits with you.

Cons: he's not into the idea and you move on to better things.

Most important thing here is, if you do pursue him, don't let him pressure you into doing it.

2|0
    0|0
    • You're right, thank you this is really helpful.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• My partner and i started dating in high school and we waited for years before we went further than oral. If you start dating and you find that your personalities are compatible, sex doesn't become as important. If he cares he will wait with you.

1|0
    0|0
    • Wow, this just inspired me more, that its okay to not rush things at all and the right one will truly stay. Thank you, you have a wonderful story with your partner

• I'm a guy and I waited for. my wife. We both married as virgins.

So I think there are still guys who are willing to wait.

But since your guy is promiscuous, there is a possibility he'll prefer to have sex than a relationship.

I suggest talk to him and find out first hand. It's fair and better for both of you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just tell him you aren't ready for sex he will understand it, and if he doesn't than he is just in it for sex

1|0
    0|0
    • True. Thank you so much

• I've been in a relationship for two years and am still a virgin. If a guy loves you, he will wait.

0|0
    0|0
  • You could try to make it work, but only if he respects your wishes and doesn't try to force you into anything. If you don't feel ready then you aren't ready, and there's nothing wrong with that. I don't think I would have been ready at 18 either. I feel I'd be ready now at 21 but 18 is still really young, there's no rush. If he really cares about you he will respect your boundaries. If he doesn't then he's not worth your time and you can move on to find someone who will actually care about you and want to be with you for more than just sex.

0|0
    0|0
  • Are you against other sexual contacts besides sex?

0|0
    0|0
    • Just up to 2nd base lmao pls dont judge me,

• Show All
    • Good luck. You can always give it a shot but until you get the lay of the land so to speak, expect to get hurt so your at least prepared

• I'll keep this in mind

• Yeah I didn't have sex till I was married

1|0
    0|0
    • She didn't do the same

• Thank you, i really needed to hear something like this

Recommended myTakes