Would you leave a otherwise good relationship over a bf/gf unruly child?

For example, 1 time i dated a guy who had a child. This kid would kick my seats, get my car dirty on purpose, hang from my car mirror, destroy stuff, talk back, etc. I tried to approach the topic but he would just get defensive. The parent did not believe in discipline and i just couldnt handle the child. picking his nose and wiping it wherever he pleased so i left.Would you leave a otherwise good relationship over a bf/gf unruly child?
  • Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
  • Other
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• It’s not your kid but I a relationship if you don’t have common parenting ideas the relationship won’t work either. You could have asked if you were allowed to mother or discipline the child but I don't know how that would have been for you sorry about this

0|0
    0|0
  • I’ve decuded to not date men with small children, even though I like small children. Not having any power but being expected to help raise them is too stressful. My mom went through awful times with my half siblings and I just don’t know how to handle that.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Yeah, if I was dating a single mom for example, and she had no expectations whatsoever for her child when it came to acceptable behavior, I wouldn't be able to stay in that relationship.

1|0
    0|0
  • I said yes to your situation, the problem isn't the child, what it turns all the alarms on is the sentence: the parent dont believe in discipline

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I don't mind kids, even if they're unruly. That pediatric dentistry course and experience I had came in handy.

However, unruly children could be a red flag that a parent isn't doing a good job raising and disciplining them. So it's Joe if a problem with the mother than the child in my opinion.

0|0
    0|0
  • If the parent has ways in which you dont agree with parenting then there's really no point of a future

1|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely would leave. What if you two wound up having a kid together? The other person can't be a lazy parent.

0|0
    0|0
  • One someone has a kid it's a package deal. If you can't tolerate the kid, the relationship is doomed.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm not staying with a partner who doesn't care about my concerns

0|0
    0|0
  • never date single parents

0|0
    1|0
    • Well u might havea small choice at ur age but when u get older thats usually not an option. So thats a beyond dumb thing to say

• Show All
    • @opinionowner u will understand in time :)

• I understand that but once u start looking for people ages 32+ it becomes almost inpossible to find someone who doesn't at least have 1 kid..

Recommended myTakes