Would you leave a otherwise good relationship over a bf/gf unruly child?

For example, 1 time i dated a guy who had a child. This kid would kick my seats, get my car dirty on purpose, hang from my car mirror, destroy stuff, talk back, etc. I tried to approach the topic but he would just get defensive. The parent did not believe in discipline and i just couldnt handle the child. picking his nose and wiping it wherever he pleased so i left.Would you leave a otherwise good relationship over a bf/gf unruly child?
  • Yes
  • No
  • Other
    Vote C

28

Most Helpful Girls

• It’s not your kid but I a relationship if you don’t have common parenting ideas the relationship won’t work either. You could have asked if you were allowed to mother or discipline the child but I don't know how that would have been for you sorry about this

• I’ve decuded to not date men with small children, even though I like small children. Not having any power but being expected to help raise them is too stressful. My mom went through awful times with my half siblings and I just don’t know how to handle that.

Most Helpful Guys

• Yeah, if I was dating a single mom for example, and she had no expectations whatsoever for her child when it came to acceptable behavior, I wouldn't be able to stay in that relationship.

• I said yes to your situation, the problem isn't the child, what it turns all the alarms on is the sentence: the parent dont believe in discipline