Is it wrong for a significant other to try and change you?

I've been with my girlfriend for 9 months and like every other relationship we've had our ups and downs and are able to talk them out and move on. Recently she's been trying to change my stlye as far as wardrobe goes. Like im a sneakers kinda guy and she thinks its childish that i should be wearing a more "adult" style shoe and clothing. So i guess i want to know am i wrong by thinking i shouldn't have to change my appearance or should i just give in... I really like her and have already worked on some of my personal deffects to try and strengthen our relationship and now i kind of feel like she's trying to completely change who i am.

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• To me, unless my girlfriend wants me to wear a puffy pirate shirt or something ridiculous, I am receptive to wardrobe updates. There have been several times I ended buying a shirt that I wouldn't have ordinarily liked, but my girlfriend thought it looked great. So what do you think happened when I wore that shirt?

0|0
    0|0
  • That sounds fine to be honest. Frankly half of us don't know how to really dress anyways and s. o. are a big help. You also don't need to completely give up on sneakers either

0|1
    0|0
  • Dude grow up sensible is more bank but if you personally mediate or hold strict values and guidelines, express yourself a certain way and she brings those up then she's after your soul. Healthwise she might want u to better yourself

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes