Am I a cheater? What should I do?

So I am in love with my guy friend and he is in love with me too apparently. Well when I mentioned a relationship twice he said no both times because he’s 100% certain it would not work out and that we’d clash. Yet he spends a lot of time with me it really hurts. Well I decided to go on a date with a guy and we made out and did some other things, but I stopped him before we went all the way because I began to feel depress like maybe I cheated. Now I’m in a place where I feel terrible.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• No strings attached in any Real Relationship.
    Although your Hearts may Beat as One, hun, You are Not... Number One in his Life.
    Eddy is not Ready to be a Steady. If you are Guilt-ridden, Let him Know that you at now Dating a Joe and see if he Doesn't Jump Start in Drive to Save his Damsel. xxoo

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• You have no obligation to him. You aren't a cheater and you didn't cheat. But if you are hung up on him, you did the right thing by not leading the new guy on. Sort out your heart first.

2|0
    0|0
    • I feel sad because I feel that I may have ruined any potential with the first guy although it’s always been a what if he changes his mind type of situation

• Yeah... But to me it sounds like he doesn't want to give you that chance :(

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Before I answer this question, let me point out that I don't have much experience with ‘relationships’ so this answer is only based on my logic and I hope it makes sense:

From the way I see it if you and your ‘guy friend’ (the one you love) aren’t an item yet, then there’s nothing to stop you from doing anything else with any other guy and the fact that you aren’t together means that by definition, you can’t cheat on him. At the same time, if you went out with another guy and did some ‘other things’ there was clearly some feeling that you had towards that other guy. If your guy friend (the first one) is sure that your relatioship with him wouldn’t work, then (as hard as this is- I’ve had to do it too) you have to get over him, for your sake more than anything else. If you went out with another guy, your mind has probably already started to get over him so there’s no need to feel bad. If I was you, I wouldn’t worry about it, and remember that you can’t cheat on someone who isn’t your boyfriend!

I don’t know how much that helped but I hope it did a bit and made you feel better about it, but you’ve done nothing wrong so be happy and don’t be tied down by a relationship that doesn’t exist (unless your guy friend changes his mind). Be free and enjoy other people!

Hope that helps😊

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't worry, it's not cheating.

It only feels like it is because of how close you two are - romantically wise. It would be considered cheating if you both agreed to be an actual couple but since he's 100% certain it won't work, then it ain't.

0|0
    0|0
  • You didn't cheat, you and your friend werent official and your friend said no to going out so you did right sister, you got a boyfriend and moved on is what its called, you didn't cheat cause that guy you kissed is your boyfriend not your friend, he rejected and you got a man so he can get jealous all he wants now but you didn't cheat on anyone

0|0
    0|0
  • You didn't cheat he missed his chance. Being committed to someone that isn't committed to you is unrequited love. You may need to distance yourself or you'll jusf keep getting hurt.

0|0
    0|0
  • you didn't cheat you guys aren't together so it's not cheating i'm sure he'd do the same thing in your position tbh

0|0
    0|0
  • You're not a cheater, the guy doesn't like you.. go have fun

0|0
    0|0
  • Breath and blow at same time is impossible, I mean, your friend doesn't want nothing serious with you and he can't be upset with you because that. My advice is say him goodbye and welcome the new guy

0|0
    0|0
  • You didn't cheat the boy you like is being an idiot and not pushing him self to even try being in a relationship with you

0|0
    0|0
  • You have not cheated. You are not in a relationship with the first guy plus if you were serious about the first guy the date wouldn't have happened.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, you're not cheating.

0|0
    0|0
  • Its not cheating dont worry

0|0
    0|0
  • Not cheating, just something you don't want to do.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes you are a cheating POS.

0|0
    0|0
  • You are a cheater. Dump one and marry one.

0|0
    0|0
  • I doubt that's cheating.

0|0
    0|0
  • you are a cheater

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes