Why do I feel so comfortable around him?

(14 F) I have feelings for a guy at school. But strangely, he is the first person that I’ve ever liked whom I feel comfortable and happy around. I don’t feel nervous and my heart is at neutral rate. I can also have a small conversation with him without blushing, etc and I act completely normal. I still have mad feelings for him though, so I’m confused as to what this means. With every other person I’ve liked in the past, I couldn’t even look at them without nearly fainting (ok, maybe too exaggerated but you get the point). This guy is the first person that I’ve liked who I can actually civilly TALK to and is friendly around me. All other boys were immature and ignorant. Does that have a role in it at all? I feel like it’s probably a sign that I’m just maturing. Thoughts?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Hi I'm Jonathan (29), just wanted to say that you are brave to talk about these things!

In my experience just give it time and if the way you feel doesn't change then its not romantic. It sounds like something I went through years ago, it turned out to be nothing more that admiration for that person.

1|0
    0|0
    • Hi, thanks for replying

You might be right when you say “it mightn’t be romantic”. I heard rumours that this guy likes one of my classmates and I’m not even mad. I’m only slightly jealous and if anything, if he really did like her, I’d want to help him get with her even though I have feelings for him. I genuinely seem to care about him as a person regardless.

• Well I believe that may be your answer right there. :)

• Maybe. I’m very inexperienced with relationships. 🤷‍♀️

• Well maybe you care for him as a friend and not in a romantic way.

1|0
    0|0
    • We aren’t friends though, that’s why it’s a bit confusing because we aren’t even at that stage yet.
      When I’m near him, It’s not like I’m so comfortable and see him like a normal guy that I don’t care if he leaves (because I do). I just don’t feel clingy.

• Then maybe you are just comfortable talking to him as a normal guy or as an acquaintance and not in romantic way.

• Don't make seem right for you... but if you comfortable, strive to be more comfortable and see

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes