Any ideas what this means?

So recently I’ve been speaking to this guy. I think he’s a really nice guy. He was really interested in me. Then all of a sudden his messages are sending mixed signals: If any men can share an insight into what he could possibly mean by these messages as I’m still waiting for him to text back and the anxiety is too much!

Convo:

Me: you look good though
Him: hmmm I feel like you’re just saying that because eventually you will have to (flirt emoji)
Me: I’m saying it because I genuinely think it
Him: i wonder if you’re a player
Me: me? A player? I should ask you that question
Him: not so much a player. But your feelings could be on lockdown. Hence why you might be playing
Me: no usually the opposite. I feel too much then get played.
Him:I can’t read you well
Me: you don’t trust me I suppose?
Him: lol no it’s just that I don’t want to be so eager

WHAT DOES HE MEAN BY THAT LAST MESSAGE?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Hey. Calm down :) You're jumping way too serious when he's just teasing you. I don't see any sort of "mixed" signals. He first tried to imply that you're the one chasing him (teasing), then he defended himself from being the player. Then you confessed that you're the one that usually get played and he says the he read you wrong about that.
    The last message means that he doesn't want to be viewed as needy, that's all. Keep things going and try to lead the conversation to something else. Don't mind that.

0|0
    0|0
    • If I could show you the rest of the conversation you’d understand a bit better. He seems very cautious for some reason. He is either trying to break away or is trying to find out how I’m feeling 🤷🏽‍♀️

• Show All
    • Maybe I haven’t been as expressive as he’d like. I don’t know. I’m a bit guarded at first. Definitely no mixed signals from me though. He had expressed in the past that he thinks he’s punching above his weight and that he thought I didn’t like him

• I’ve always been clear with him though. And that’s that I am interested.

Most Helpful Girl

• maybe he is trying to figure out if you're just messing with him, and he doesn't want to take it too seriously, but in case you're not, he's trying to let you know that he is going to try to be 'cool' and get a bit of time before he has to say anything seriousish

1|0
    0|0
    • Yeah maybe, but he’s the one that’s always come across more interested than me. If I could show you our conversations then you’d understand what I mean!

• Show All
    • aww thats so cute!! maybe like tell him stuff you worry about, or even just make something up, like say you get really worried when people dont reply but you don't really want to sound eager either, and he might feel less awkward if he thinks you feel weird sometimes too

• Good idea. Thank you so much for your perspective!

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• is this a conversation or a lot of passive-aggressiveness transcribed as a pillow-biting manual? to me, you both are full of bullshit. both are trying to be players, because that's "sexy" or whatever. the moral of the convo: he's basically too insecure about your feelings about him. he thinks you're just playing him (which you are) and you should just either go full on board or jump off the ship. *rolls eyes* can't even begin to tell you how rude it is to post private conversations online, tho.

0|0
    1|1
    • I’m not trying to play anyone for starters. Don’t know where you plucked that idea from. Maybe your ass? Your attitude is shitty enough.
      For youinformation, everyone has a different idea of what is rude and what is not so relax, because me and this guy are pretty open. I suggest you stop trying to fake being a pompous ass. If you don’t have anything productive to say go away!

• so he's ok with you posting the conversation online? you told him about it? he really said "hey, it's ok. just post it online. for everyone else to see." pretty open about that, and afraid of you playing him? seems like there's something really wrong there. but enforcing what's been said: he's basically too insecure about your feelings about him. he thinks you're just playing him, go full on board or jump off the ship.

• You know I like this second message better. At least you’re not being blatantly rude. You know you can express your opinion about something in a respectful way. You do know that I changed the words around and left the most sensitive stuff out. It’s really no big deal and i know him so I know he wouldn’t care that much. Especially because no one here has a clue who he is! But more importantly why do you care? Is he your man? Nope. And to answer your last point. He’s insecure because he’s punching above his weight. Which he recently clarified to me. Nothing to do with me. He was just too shy to say what he wanted outright, so you can relax now. I wonder if you go around bashing everyone that shares personal information about their date or partner on here haha!

• I think he was just unsure how you felt about him so he didn't want to get emotionally invested too fast

1|1
    0|0
    • My friend thinks he’s trying to play me. She thinks the last message is him saying he doesn’t want to invest time but we have a date planned on Wednesday... but now she has me worried that’s the case because he hasn’t messaged me yet today in response to the message I replied back to that

• It's possible, it's just hard to know he's feeling. I think you just need to be straight up with how you feel

• He doesn't want to like you just yet. You were saying all the right things and that was making him wanting more and he is afraid of that. I don't know he might of gotten hurt in the past. But its nothing bad about what he said. he's just wanting a little too much too soon.

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe he's been played before on the past, and that's why he is coming off as unsure of himself and protective. Have you discussed past relationships (I know it can be "taboo", but you both can use it in a healthy way to better understand your present emotions and views/expectations of a relationship)

0|0
    0|0
    • I was straight up and said to him that if he doesn’t want to talk that’s fine just tell me. He told me “don’t be silly”. I’m just not really sure what to think. He hasn’t replied back to my response to that yet. It’s been hours 🤷🏽‍♀️

• Show All
    • I'm sure he's still interested, but maybe he wants to be a little cautious. If so, find out, and be patient and understanding

• Thank you! 😊

• Seems like he's unsure. Were you flirting with some other persons when you guys last met? Lol

0|0
    0|0
    • No, I’m loyal before I even get with people lol!

• Show All
    • That’s what I’m worried about, it’s like mixed signals because one minute he’s implying that he intends to talk to me for a while and the next he seems standoffish...

• Maybe the way he texts. Always better to speak in person. Often, guys don't read between the lines as girls do :)

• Next time you hang out, just grab him and make out with him. 😉

0|0
    0|0
  • Seems he has backed off in fear of getting hurt... Sorry...

0|1
    0|0
  • He doesn't wanna be all excited to get with you, and then you turn out to be a player and hurt him.

0|0
    0|0
  • He's not merely into you.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes