How did you meet your current partner?

How did you meet your current partner?
Updates:
Nice stories. I read them all!
The answer to this question... anywhere!

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I met him when I switched jobs. I'll never forget when I first saw him, in my head the "big bad John" song started playing. He literally stood 6'6" and weighed 245(ish), and as it turned out his name was actually Jon lol.

I just walked past him following my boss to my job station, but he instantly caught my attention just by sheer size, and he was actually chopping a tree down right then (the site was expanding towards a forest). Looked just like a lumberjack from a story book. Flannel shirt and all. I wasn't sure if I was seeing things or not, honestly.

But the next day I saw him again, this time chopping a tree up that he'd already cut down. Again I was just passing to my own station indoors, but I couldn't keep him off my mind. It was like he was out of place. Something was different about that.

Well I actually met him when I broke up with my ex and all the other guys there started hitting on me-- exept him. So I started to spend time around him when I could, and used the excuse that it was to keep the other guys from bugging me all the time. He didn't seem to mind.

Long story short, he was a great guy in all, and we got to like each other. After a while we started dating, and we didn't stop for five years up until a few weeks ago. Now he's not my boyfriend anymore, he's my fiance, and I am so glad I met him when I did. He's the best thing that ever happened to me. :) Also yesterday was his birthday, so happy birthday to Jon and anyone else that has one soon! 😊

3|3
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• We met on the School Bus, first few days at the beginning of highschool. I was new to the area, and she was a local girl but very shy. I've known her 11 years now, dated for 6 of those. I love her to bits and would be lost without her in my life. engaged with 3 kids, about to buy our first house and first child enter school in a few months. Im extremely happy I got to be hers.

1|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 35

• We met at school when we were 11. I don't remember actually meeting him but if I guessed, I'd say that my best friend introduced us since I just kinda followed her around like a puppy at that stage.

1|0
    0|0
  • We were both cosplayers on an Ask The Lego Movie panel at a local con. We were two characters that make up a popular ship in the fandom so we got a lot of shippy questions and both of us had a lot of fun with it and met up after the panel and became really close friends. We didn't start dating until a while later

1|0
    0|0
  • Met online 13 years ago and have been married for 12 years happily with 3 kids.,😊

0|1
    0|0
    • Show All
    • Yeah it’s definitely my self esteem... there are some days where I just am so critical of myself... but yea I need to remember that no matter how I feel about myself in the inside my boyfriend thinks I’m pretty and he chooses to stay with me everyday.. I feel special when I put it in that perspective :)

• @crissyjoon Well you're special. Remember that!😉

• He was my big crush in high school. Then, a mutual friend introduced him to me during our senior year.

3|1
    0|0
  • We met at a summer camp years ago. a lot of girls from my school were there too so the word got around pretty quick that I was the "dyke" of the bunch, and bless the gods in heaven there was one schmexy little scrumpet that loved that about me😊

The last few nights of camp we would meet at the shower house and make out like the world was ending, and we've been starstruck ever since. Sometimes we had to settle for LDR, and a couple times we've had meltdowns,( mostly me because I'm just needy like that lol) but we stuck it out and now we get to spend the rest of our lives together💓😁💕

1|0
    0|0
  • He was shopping at a market I was working at and I asked if I could help him. Long story short, two years later we became a couple.

0|1
    0|0
  • Plenty of fish app lol been together 1 year & 5 months 😊

2|0
    0|0
  • As a foreign exchange student. He was the friend of my host family.

0|1
    0|0
  • He was always sitting alone in school. Face in his games. He left and later we reconnected after a year.

0|0
    0|0
  • I met him on gag while asking for some advice 😅

2|0
    0|0
  • 3|1
    0|0
  • We met on an anonymous app. Still shocked that it worked and we're pretty serious about it

0|0
    0|0
  • He was my friend’s ex then we became besties and now we are dating

0|0
    0|0
  • Being honest he was picking up a kid at my daughter school

0|0
    0|0
  • We met via common friends as I was 15.

0|1
    0|0
  • On Plenty of Fish almost three years ago.

0|1
    0|0
  • We we're roommates like Jess and Nick ^_^

1|0
    0|0
  • Haven’t had a partner in over a year.

0|1
    0|0
  • Tbh I met him on here

1|1
    0|0
  • At work, he's an Arabic Interpreter.

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Girls

What Guys Said 33

• I'm going to assume most of the girls have boyfriends, and most of the guys will be single.

Yep, I'm right.

0|1
    0|0
  • We met at work. I had gone in for optional training and she was the one who provided it. A few years later she joined my gaming group and we became friends, and I developed a crush on her. A year or so later, about a year ago now, I told her how I felt about her. Two days before my birthday we had our first date.

0|0
    0|0
  • At work. I was into her, and she was really into me.. but I resisted as I hate the drama that usually follows. So she left and we got together.

0|0
    0|0
  • 0|0
    0|0
  • We went to high school together. We first spoke at 14, were dating by 15, and were engaged by 18.

0|0
    0|0
  • I was seeing her sister and we fell through and then I ended up with my current partner

0|0
    0|0
  • she was a random girl that yelled at me downtown and we just started texting and so on

0|0
    0|0
  • She was living with her cousin when I moved next door

0|0
    0|0
  • Online we started talking and hit it off we been together almost 5 years

0|0
    0|0
  • Met her through a FB group discussion about werewolf legends, that was four years ago

0|0
    0|0
  • Nsver had a partner in my life.

0|1
    0|0
  • Still single

0|1
    0|0
  • Still single

0|1
    0|0
  • Single to mingle 😎

0|1
    0|0
  • I wish I had a partner HAHA

0|1
    0|0
  • Strangely enough, on a non-dating social app.

0|0
    0|0
  • Tinder !

0|0
    0|0
  • At work!

0|0
    0|0
  • I met her on OKCupid, been together 1.5 years

0|0
    0|0
  • Highschool sweethearts