Have you ever dated a sociopath or narcissist?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, even married a sociopath. I didn't see the red flags/ignored them because I never valued myself and let him manipulate me. He constantly gaslighted me and mad me feel worthless. The guy after him was a wonderful man, and encouraged me to have friends. Only bad thing was he was a narcissist, so when he started to have feelings for an ex, he started to try to gaslight me and make me for bad for not wanting to wait for him while he explored that option. His love gave me the strength to stand up to even him. After that, we couldn't remain friends because he was a narcissist and kept bringing conversations back to his self induced rage at things being over and blaming me for not being cool with waiting while he pursued his ex.

1|0
    0|0
    • Sometimes I wish I could filter out all the narcissistic or sociopathic dudes I date

Most Helpful Guy

• I am a narcissist sociopath... or I thought I was. Would hang out with them, I'd think they're cool. I'm pretty much them. But recently some stuff happened that cracked that emotional unavailable because it was unbearable that's why I went emo for a few days. But now i'm back helping people and stuff. I am the narcissistic sociopath... once. What's up?

0|0
    0|0
    • yes i did all the narcisstic sociopath things already lol. Yes in relationships too. But i wasn't aware. i just happens. Like you sneezing

• Show All
    • lol yes. I think I was in that form for about 5 years.
      at least we know how to "defend" against them right? lol

• Oh yeah definitely. But those are the consequences of our bitch of a mother. I guess those are good things lol I’ll need them to face this cruel world

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• My ex was more definitely histrionic but considering her traits, she may have been a narcissist.
    Interestingly, she had developed a great capacity to be forgiving of people who had triggered her anger. But she had no empathy towards people interacting with her. So she was charming, hyper sexual (though that was limited to missionary, ontop and biting). But situations of anger and intolerance took their toll on me and after the intial guilt of leaving, I've been feeling fantastic.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm not a psychologist or psychiatrist, so I can't say for sure. But judging by the symptoms listed in the DSM-5 and the ICD-10 for narcissistic personality disorder and antisocial personility disorder, I would say yes.

1|0
    0|0
  • No. Sociopath is a made up condition along with Psychopath to wave away actual behavior.. I've dated women that thought they were both though.

0|0
    2|0
    • It’s a condition that affects your neurological pathways and levels of empathy. It’s not a made up condition. Lol

• Show All
    • I agree. :)

• To my sarcasm?

• Narcissist. Believed he was the best human ever and that he could do no wrong

0|0
    0|0
  • Go with a psychopath at least you get the natural charm

0|0
    0|0
  • I've dated a narcissist I believe. That or he was just a natural asshole.

0|0
    0|0
  • I was married to one for five years. Worst five years of my life

0|0
    0|0
  • I want to date one 😊😍😍

0|0
    1|0
  • Nope i've never dated any woman in my life at all.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope, can't say I have. Dated.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've never dated... ever.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've dated a narcissist

0|0
    0|0
  • I married one.