When is it too early to ask a guy for a trip together?

I would like to go for some short trip somewhere. Let's say for a weekend. I was thinking to ask a guy I am dating to join me. But I don't know if it's appropriate to do this? We are not a couple, just dating.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Depending on where the trip is and how long it will be I think plays into how soon it can be asked. If it’s just an overnight or weekend trip and it’s maybe a short drive away that could be in the first month or two while you’re still getting to know each other. But if it’s a longer trip and further away and/or out of the country, I think you should wait until after you really know the person. Typically that means after the honeymoon phase which can be anywhere from 6 months to a year. Some people don’t travel well and you never know what will occur on a trip so you want to be as familiar with the person as possible so you can be as comfortable and have the best time.

2|0
    0|0
    • I was thinking about 2-3 days trip. To the neighbor country

• Show All
    • I am from Europe and because of the Schengen zone it's like traveling in the same country. Just different language, sure.
      Yes, I completely understand your point of view and that's why I would be afraid to go for example to another continent. But in my case, I would go alone anyway because none of my friends is willing to go. And that's why I was thinking to ask him to join me. But I just don't want to scare him off because we never talked about who we are for each other, if we are exclusive etc. I mean, I don't know if we are supposed to talk about it or it just happens naturally

• Then it’s probably ok. Just keep it simple.

Most Helpful Girl

• A guy I've been dating for 3 months asked me at 2 months if he could come with me to Istanbul which I had been planning on going. So we are both going together.

We aren't even official and we haven't even kissed! Going real slow but going on a week long trip together.

1|0
    0|0
    • Wow that's even a bigger step than I'm planning to do. Are you going to share a room/bed? How are you going about it?

I already stayed over at his place, we nap together so I'm just so comfortable with him even tho we know each other so short time

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Depending on how long you've been dating, how long you've been texting, and how the interaction is between you two in person and texting.

I've been with my boyfriend for a few months and we've been passionate and affectionate but I'm not sure if I can invite him to a 6-day travel next year which my employer provided a promotion at $100 for each person at this time!

1|0
    0|0
    • We are not dating for a long time, a bit over a month. We barely text actually, usually we do just to set the meet up because our relation is much more 'in person'.

True, I guess I wouldn't risk such situation as well! I am just thinking about a weekend trip which will not affect my work at all.

• if you're dating, you're a couple. trips should be taken when you feel like taking them. if you want to bring someone along, so be it, invite him out. there's no measured time for that. knock yourselves out. have fun. stay hydrated. stay safe.

2|0
    0|0
    • "if you're dating, you're a couple." - are we? What about people who are dating few people at the same time. For me personally, I cannot do it, I just don't feel fine with this. But I know people who date many at once. And we never talk about being exclusive actually.

Thank you for your opinion 😊

• as long as is explicitly stated (and there's consent from all people involved) its ok to date as many people as you want. implicitly, there's this agreement of fidelity that gets void in the case of cheating (dating someone else behind your back)

• Just don’t pressure him and ask. If h can’t or doesn’t think he can make time say, “ok, no worries, I’ll see you sometime when I get back :)”. It’s if you ask him and he feels obligated to go for you that tension between you two will start. He he wants to go then awesome, have a good time :).

1|0
    0|0
  • Just go for it! If you've been on enough dates to feel comfortable spending that much time together, I absolutely think that you should ask.
    Worst case scenario, you learn that you're not compatible on the trip.
    On the other hand, this could be an incredible catalyst for your budding relationship.

1|0
    0|0
  • Trips are are a fast way of getting to know each other. Anytime is fine just as long as you have a "way out" in case either of you is hot headed

1|0
    0|0
    • True, trips sometimes show the worst part of us when we are put in difficult situations..

• Never too early! I've started an excellent relationship on our first date spending a weekend in Miami parasailing. It's about how you present it. Present it as an opportunity to experience new things in life and you would like him there too lol

1|0
    0|0
  • An overnight date implies sex to most guys. If you are dating but not having sex, it might be too soon.

1|0
    0|0
    • We had sex already so it shouldn't be a problem

• Are you thinking he might take it as a sign you are wanting more in the relationship and not sure how he would take it? Do you mind messaging me privately

• 6:00 AM would be a bit early hahaha. Actually, it depends on your comfort level with him.

1|0
    0|0
  • Your young ! How well do you know him? Morning habits? Long showers? Does he consider you hot enough to be seen with him in public?

1|0
    0|0
    • I can't say I know him well. But I couldn't say it neither about my ex who I was with for a year. I would say it takes a very long time and many situations to get know a person.
      I already stayed over at his place and it was nice so I guess we would be fine.
      I don't know if he considers me 'hot enough' lol. His friends know that we are dating and he is affectionate with me around them. So I guess yes?

• Time for a road trip?

• I'm going on a roadtrip soon alone with a chick that I've met twice in the past two months. We aren't even dating. Just ask.

1|0
    0|0
  • If it means sleeping separately you can go at any point. If you have slept together already you should then it shouldn't be a problem either

1|0
    0|0
    • We slept together already, so this thing wouldn't be a problem

• You need to tell us how long you have been dating... If it's over a year ask him to go

1|0
    0|0
  • See there is a general tendency that if you are comfortable with a person generally he is also comfortable with you... its human nature. So there is no perfect time for it, like if you are comfortable with him you can ask him out in the first month of your relationship itself... Now there is very less tendency for a guy to refuse such an opportunity to spend time with you... But if he refuses it does not mean that he doesn't want to go with you, there are various reasons like financial, time, family etc which could restrict him from going with you even if he wants to

1|0
    0|0
    • "See there is a general tendency that if you are comfortable with a person generally he is also comfortable with you... its human nature"
      Nice said, I've never thought about this in this way.. but seems right.

• Probably at least a few good months to a year... I'd be flattered but a bit weirded out if a girl asked me out to a trip and we've only been together a few weeks. To me that'd be like defining the relationship a bit already.

1|0
    0|0
  • Guys are easy dont know why girls stress over asking us questions 🤷🏻‍♂️

1|0
    0|0
    • Haha I'm not much experienced and I just don't want to make something wrong while everything is going well.
      For you guys are easy because you are one. For me it's not so obvious haha

• Well it depends if you think you guys are serious about each other because if you're serious then he'll want to go with you and travel with you and if you don't think you're serious and you're not ready to be serious then maybe he doesn't want to go

0|0
    0|0
  • Go for it. Trips away in the early stages are fun. I'm guessing if it's dating he'll be up for a 'dirty weekend' away

1|0
    0|0
  • For something like that, when you can trust him, it is time.

2|0
    0|0
  • Just do it if it feels right. Time never comes back. Only by trying things out you can find the right answers.

1|0
    0|0
  • Ask him. You can't make anything wrong by asking him.

1|0
    0|0
  • Don't know what if you go away and he kills you sells you or makes you smuggle drugs home up your arse

0|0
    0|0
    • Haha I would not even think about such situation. He is a friend of my friends, not a complete stranger

• As long as you have already had sex a few times, you can ask for a weekend getaway.

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends how long you've been dating. Play it cool start small then scale it up.

1|0
    0|0
  • Buddy of mine just went on a trip with a girl he met a week ago. Let's see what happens

1|0
    0|0
  • He'll probably be really happy that you want him to go. Ask anytime.

1|0
    0|0
  • Ask , see what he says. Maybe his parents will not let him go. He may have other obligations.

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the guy and how close you two are. If he's adventurous and open minded, go for it!

1|0
    0|0
  • I would say prob best 2 years. Make sure you know him well enough.

0|0
    0|0
    • 2 years I think that's too long lol. My first and relationship lasted one year and we've made it to several different countries during that time.

• You can just be dating and go on a trip. But pay half.
    Dont expect him to burden it all.

0|0
    0|0
    • Oh obviously. Didn't even think to make him pay something. I'm looking for a company, not a sponsorship lol.

• If he is really into you its never too early. In fact, it would be a great test for the future

0|0
    0|0
  • Call it a "get know you date!".

1|0
    0|0
  • Life is short, go for it.

2|0
    0|0
  • You can if u trust that person

1|0
    0|0
  • It's never to early!

1|0
    0|0
  • You can do that if the relationship gets serious

1|0
    0|0
  • When you haven't had sex

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah it's ok

1|0
    0|0
  • I would ask it never hurts to ask

1|0
    0|0
  • Well an FB yes a dating usually about a week

0|0
    0|0
  • Probably before the 5th date

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah

0|0
    0|0
  • Never

0|0
    0|0
  • When you start speak with him

0|0
    0|0
  • Sorry but I really not answering this i am stuck with somewhat same situation in otherway
    Its really hard on boys.
    I just love to explore places but to ask my girl its a hard thing for me too. And i want a partner badly for the same!.

1|0
    0|0
    • And how long are you two dating?
      How would you react if she asks you to go for a trip with her?

• Its been more than 3 years actually
      And yeah i would love to
      My reaction will be pack your bags and mine too😅
      What about you guys how long it is?

• Never too early

0|0
    0|0
  • If you know him for a half a year or longer you should be fine. Consider having a backup plan if something goes wrong. But if you know him well and trust him then it's up to you.

1|0
    0|0
    • Well we are dating a bit over a month

• Why not, I say do it. Having a trip with him is the best way to get to know him more.

1|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes