When is it too early to ask a guy for a trip together?

I would like to go for some short trip somewhere. Let's say for a weekend. I was thinking to ask a guy I am dating to join me. But I don't know if it's appropriate to do this? We are not a couple, just dating.

841

Most Helpful Guy

• Depending on where the trip is and how long it will be I think plays into how soon it can be asked. If it’s just an overnight or weekend trip and it’s maybe a short drive away that could be in the first month or two while you’re still getting to know each other. But if it’s a longer trip and further away and/or out of the country, I think you should wait until after you really know the person. Typically that means after the honeymoon phase which can be anywhere from 6 months to a year. Some people don’t travel well and you never know what will occur on a trip so you want to be as familiar with the person as possible so you can be as comfortable and have the best time.

• I was thinking about 2-3 days trip. To the neighbor country

• I am from Europe and because of the Schengen zone it's like traveling in the same country. Just different language, sure.
      Yes, I completely understand your point of view and that's why I would be afraid to go for example to another continent. But in my case, I would go alone anyway because none of my friends is willing to go. And that's why I was thinking to ask him to join me. But I just don't want to scare him off because we never talked about who we are for each other, if we are exclusive etc. I mean, I don't know if we are supposed to talk about it or it just happens naturally

• Then it’s probably ok. Just keep it simple.

Most Helpful Girl

• A guy I've been dating for 3 months asked me at 2 months if he could come with me to Istanbul which I had been planning on going. So we are both going together.

We aren't even official and we haven't even kissed! Going real slow but going on a week long trip together.

• Wow that's even a bigger step than I'm planning to do. Are you going to share a room/bed? How are you going about it?

I already stayed over at his place, we nap together so I'm just so comfortable with him even tho we know each other so short time