How much is no sense of humor a turn off?

I have my own sense of humor which no one really ever understand so i take it as its bad and sometimes i take time to understand jokes just sonetimes tho so is it really bad coz i see all guys saying they are looking for a girl with a nice sense of humor, any advicd at all?
  • Yup you are screwed
    Vote A
  • Nah you are fine girl
    Vote B
  • You have to "wait" for the one who understand your sense of humor.
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• You prob have a high sense of logic that overrides humor as a pointless and insane stupidity thus you find few things funny and many thing irrational and miss the point most times. You just need to find one that not so much after the laughter but more about the friendship and a deeper connection.

2|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Just be yourself. If you try to change who you are it'll look like you're just being superficial, and honestly who hell would want to put on an act forever just to please someone else? That would get tiring real quick. I promise you'll find your match! Hang in there!

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• A sense of humor is probably the most important thing to me. I'm also one of those people who requires time before people understand their humor. I have this dry, straight faced way of saying really odd, awkward and often purposely messed up that make anyone who doesn't know me extremely uncomfortable but the people that are around me long enough have told their sides hurt whenever they're around me. From laughing I assume. Or because I throw a mean left hook.

0|0
    0|0
    • Maybe you just need a little warming up to. Be yourself. Everyone's got it hiding somewhere

• I'd say it's pretty important. Cause having a sense of humor means you're not easily offended and can take a joke.

For example there's a few times I've said stuff where it was meant as a joke, but the other person somehow got offended.

Like there was a time I called tomatoes freaks of nature because people don't know if it's a fruit or vegetable and a girl got really upset over it.

1|0
    0|0
  • i'm sure there's people out there who will enjoy your sense of humor tbh, don't worry about it too much as some guys don't mind that at all

2|0
    0|0
  • Find someone who doesn't care, or just try to have other redeemable qualities, you have to have something working for you it's just that sense of humor is a good one, but if you don't have one, what you gonna do?

0|0
    0|0
  • Why do some people have to be so fuckin' superficial, man? My girlfriend doesn't have to amuse me 24/7; it ain't her job. If I wanted that, I'd purchase the services of a jester or pull out Netflix and watch a Jim Carrey movie.

1|0
    0|0
  • For a relationship to work out (or even begin), you have to have the same kind of humor. Just find a guy that likes your style. There's a lotta guys that like meme or dark or casual humor or any other you might have

1|0
    0|0
  • It's a bummer, but I've dealt with it for a year and a half 😂. I never told her but it was obvious when the whole room is dead silent. It's more about how you feel when that happens. A relationship is built on more than just humor. Also works vice versa, in the end you like the person not their sense of humor.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sense of humor is one of the main things that draws me to people, men or women. That saying, you wrote that you have your own sense of humor... I bet you that there are some guys out there that share your sense of humor.

0|0
    0|0
  • You may wanna take the Myers Briggs personality test (16personalitiesDOTcom) & see if you gain some insight. You sound like me (an INTJ) & I have the same issue sometimes.

0|0
    0|0
  • Dont think you need to change. Some guys just like dumb as doornail girls probably cause they aren't faithful so they can get away with stuff. Be you dont worry. :)

0|0
    0|0
    • Dude am not dumb i think you are the one dumb if you confuse sense of humor and smartness

• I think you read it out of context. I wasn't saying your are dumb. I was saying guys sometimes from what I've seen like dumb girls. I hope that clears it up. Sorry for confusion.

• My sense of humor is somewhat broad. I like puns and dark humor. I'm always acting goofy and weird at work and I realize I'm not everyone's cup of tea. That being said, I could not date someone for long if they had no sense of humor at all.

0|0
    0|0
  • i know this girl she is like you, i always thought she had no sense of humor but recently we talked about his and she told me she was making jokes since we started talking , but i didn't really got them

0|0
    0|0
  • When you meet someone who understands your humor you will bounce off each other me and my partner are like that we have a lot of private jokes we just think the same way

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't really care about sense of humor but I would try to adapt to yours because I don't have my own.

0|0
    0|0
  • Having a different sense of humor than your SO can be a huge problem. Worse if you have no sense of humor

0|0
    0|0
  • When you're doing it i tend to joke sometimes and they like it. Is boring if you are not doing your job and also not having sense of humor

0|0
    0|0
  • Humour and having a laugh is really crucial to me so got to be right at the top of the list of what I look for in a woman

0|0
    0|0
  • Just a matter of finding the right person. They are out there.

0|0
    0|0
  • If she has a bad sense of humor/no sense of humor at all I wouldn't talk to her to begin with

0|0
    0|0
  • The person you get as a friend or boyfriend with a same mental disorder is a gift. Wait for him/her.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sense of humor is huge, really. You really need to find someone who appreciates yours

0|0
    0|0
  • Just kidding... It's all about finding like minded people

0|0
    0|0
  • I say this because a sense of humor is my favorite feature in a girl

0|0
    0|0
  • It's extreemly inporant like if ya can't laugh together forget it

0|0
    0|0
  • Out of curiosity, what is "your" sense of humor?

0|0
    0|0
  • girls aren't funny

1|0
    0|0
  • Tell me a joke.

0|0
    0|0
  • That's a tremendous problem.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well what kind of sense of humor so you have?

1|0
    0|0
  • Even bad jokes can be funny

0|0
    0|0
  • you are screwed

0|0
    0|1
  • I'm like you. We're screwed 😐

0|0
    0|0
  • What is unusual about your sense of humor?

0|0
    0|0
  • Yup you are screwed

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on how bad is your case

0|0
    0|0
  • Lets test your sense of humor

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes