Are mutual hobbies / likes essential within a relationship?

Is it essential or preferable to have very similar interests when dating? so you can share the same passions, or is the old adage that opposites attract?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• my partner don't really share hobbies or passions except food i mean haha. what we share is more like race, childhood upbringings- because ours was different. I think is normal if you dont share the exact interests because it just sounds like you're dating yourself

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• No. It is a bonus but not essential.

The beauty and strength of a relationship goes with communication; understanding and agreement. Finding a great way to compromise and bond together despite the differences. We all think differently and hold variable views. Looking for identical interests is difficult as it can rarely happens. It can come similar at times and it would be a positive bonus but looking for it essentially; i find that wrong and illogical. People don't have to have similarities in everything to make it work; they have to learn how to respect each other and compromise with an open mind. They'll be happy then.

0|0
    0|0
  • hey there, i am not a person who is drawn by any celeb status at all, however, i share this link with will smith, i know he is a believer in positive energy and he and jada have survived a lifetime of hollywood together and i actually believe his words here... yes some similar interests can be a gain but i dont believe it has to be there, you could be so very different and spend time doing those things apart which could enhance your life together, i am more prone to an experience of a guy who was so into racing his car around like a lunatic which i hated and he didn't respect that when i was in there.. so be separate dont force anyone else respect their desires and likes they are entitled to their time to enjoy things in life they enjoy.. thats more the key for me xx
    https://www.facebook.com/aplusapp/videos/1921514897919437/?t=6

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes