Maybe I just need to suck it up?

So I've recently come to terms with my sexuality. I am asexual. I am a shy and introverted lady, so going out to bars and clubs aren't my thing! I want to take a stab at online dating, but something about meeting with someone off the Internet scares me.

Any tips or advice for getting over this ridiculous fear?

48

Most Helpful Girl

• Always have a friend sit a table or two away when meeting someone from the internet. Always meet in daylight if possible, and always in a public place. Have a fully charged cell phone. Drive yourself, so you're not dependent on them for a ride. Talk for at least several weeks before meeting in person. Watch for red flags in conversation. Don't tell them where you live. Try and get full name and birthdate so you can run a background check for criminal record. Can usually get this by asking them to friend you on facebook. Just be careful what you have on YOUR profile if you do that. Also, if online dating ends up being too stressful, might try a book club or something similar to meet people.

Most Helpful Guy

• Are you saying you're asexual because you're shy and introverted? Just clearing it up some lol
    I wouldn't be too scared about meeting someone online. They have tons of ways of verifying before you ever meet via video chat, phone calls, pictures on social media etc.