Is it weird to choose to be single?

I’ve never been too fond of dating complete strangers and would rather be with someone I’ve gotten to know over time without having the pressure of that “dating” lends itself to sometimes. Am I weird for feeling like this? The other day I told one of my friends about this and she made me feel weird. It’s not like I haven’t had other guys take interest or anything it’s just not me.

Is it weird to choose to be single?

4369

Most Helpful Guy

• Every time I hear a girl say “I’m happy to be single” I know deep down she craves the exact opposite. It’s just a feel good lie she tells herself and self affirmation. It also falls into her fake pride.

I’m a financially successful athletic man with many hobbies. Truth is I’m lonely as fuck right now and I have had horrible luck ever since my ex ghosted me with no warning a year and half ago. I have no idea where to start to get back on my feet.

I’ve had 5 or 6 hook ups. But my confidence is very low and I’m finding that women are picking up on it easily and getting more and more rude when I try approaching them. I’m questioning if I’ll ever get married or someone that will make me happy.

You see that’s the fucking truth. I could easily say “I’m happy with myself” because I do have a lot going for me but I’m not. Not at all.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • How long were you with your ex for?

• she sounds like a complete bitch and did you a favor by leaving you... you can find yourself a sweet wonderful girl

• @crissyjoon I know that many women get bitchy as a sign of being “strong”. They will try to humiliate guys who are doing nothing wrong for their own shits and giggles.

I’m not afraid to approach women. If I see an attractive women I’ll find a way to introduce myself. But recently I’ve been getting some very negative responses.

Most Helpful Girl

• No, that's a good thing. To many people date just for the sake of dating and not because they actually like the person they are dating. You know you're not ready right now and just want to focus on yourself. Maybe you're friend made you feel weird cause she prefers dating instead of being single.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I think you’re right because she’s always had boyfriends

• so for her being single is something she might not be use too.