A guy friend that I've known since college (I'm 27) was trying to have a casual hookup and he felt the need to tell me I can't sleepover/not his gf?

Im 27. A friend of mine from college was trying to see if I could come to his place to hook up. I live in Brooklyn and since I've known him he refuses to go there bc he claims everytime he goes there he gets "robbed." Which is already in and of itself offensive especially bc it's where I live, but I digress. I told him I couldn't come over bc I didn't have my contact case with me and my phone was dying and it was cold. He then felt the need to tell me well I only let girls sleepover if they are girlfriends. It was actually an unneccesarily long and specific explanation. And then him claiming I don't do drama and I'm not a "fuckboy." It's funny because he's told me before that he gets annoyed when girls want to stay over and he stops talking to them and I truthfully never thought anything of it until it happened to me. I sent him a text saying me wanting to stay over is me not wanting to go back home all the way from jersey city while I'm drunk at 4am. It's not me wanting to cuddle with you or date you. And just said he was offensive and I no longer wanted to be his friend. Thoughts? Was my response ok? It just annoys me bc all I want to do is have casual sex with a friend that I trust. It seems I can't even get that anymore.

01