Asking her on a date?

There is a woman I really like. We’ve hung out once alone before and I feel like I’m getting mixed signals. Anyway we have loose plans to hang out and go eat when she comes back to town in 3 weeks. This actually works for me too because I have a lot going on. Anyway, it was not defined as a date the last time we went to eat but it felt like one.

I was talking to a friend and he said that I should just straight up ask her, hey I think you are really cute do you want to go on a date.

I explained to him that we are gonna go out to eat so I get to know her better first then I can ask her another day.

Anyway, now upon reflection I just feel like I am making excuses. I am considering just asking her straight up when she comes back to town, “hey xxxx, I think you are really cool and I want to get to know you better, would you want to go on a date?” As oppose to waiting and hanging out and then asking her again maybe a week later if she wants to go on a date.

Thoughts?

02