What do you think about shy quieter girls?

I'm in my early twenties and unlike a lot of girls I am quite reserved. I can talk freely and be funny in one to one conversations and in small groups (no more than 3 others) but as soon as I'm in a big group situation often I find I can' get a word in a join in, so end up sitting and smiling. I'm not a mute but mostly I'm the quietest in the room. Except for at home when I'm actually very extroverted with my family!

So I'm asking this as I'm started to date again following a break up.
What do you think about shy girls? Personally I can't stand the kind of people who feel the need to express their opiions and talk about themselves all the time, but then I know that it' these people who are often easier to talk to.

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• There's a charm to a shy girl in my opinion, the mystery and the slow unfolding of their personality it rewarding, someone who shows everything in the first impression has nothing more to offer.

Loud people have their place, but usually empty vessels make the most noise.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Quite girls are cute and all I myself USED to be one in school but I'm not anymore cuz... weeeeell... I'm always quite around people it's just a habit so when I moved to this new country I started new school and it took me TWO FRIGGIN' YEARS to speak to them they always spoke to me but I just smiled as a response I never talked to anyone unless they aske me sth and I got tired I was Like "why can't I be like them? " and so on new year, one of my new year resolution was to start speaking to my classmates and BANG I made it and I talk to them some of them are surprised tbh 😂😂😂😂 but remember that saying "the quite one's are the dangerous ones"

1|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 45

• Still waters run very deep. I think that being reserved in large settings is not a bad thing. It's actually nice that someone would rather be the center of my universe than the entire universe.
    If I am going out on a date with you, I am interested in you. I will find a way to involve and engage you.

1|0
    0|0
  • I am the EXACT same way. I always seem to blend into the crowd in large groups, but in smaller ones I'm quite talkative and outgoing. Personally I'd LOVE to date someone like that as well.

1|0
    0|0
  • I like you but with you being reserved I can never tell if your into me so I will usually assume you don't.

I find shy girls can have a great conversation but aren't great at showing interest past friendly.

2|1
    0|0
  • I prefer small groups as well. I don't see the point of having a large group since you can't speak to everyone at one time.

Not to mention in big groups there's a higher chance there might be someone there I despise.

I'm ok with shy girls as long as she puts in the effort to communicate and get to know me.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm quite shy myself so I can understand completely. The only thing I'd be worried about with dating a shy girl is that it might be awkward with us both being shy, that would be difficult to get past I think. I feel like it would be easier with an outgoing girl who brought me out of my shell.

1|0
    0|0
  • I like shy girl, but I'm pretty quiet myself as well. I only really go full on in a conversation with my small group of friends, but no bigger. If it's a big group I tend to feel uncomfortable and either find refuge in my phone or find a place where I can be alone and in peace.

1|0
    0|0
  • Shy girls are often less toxic and a lot easier to talk to once you get to know them, a very social persons personality can feel threatening and be a deterrent, introverts are just as great if mot greater than social people

1|0
    0|0
  • They are usually shy outside and super loud in bed. One shy girl I was with would scream at the top of her lungs when I'd be giving it to her. Like the fuckin exorcism of Emily rose. It was bat shit. But then we would be in public and she was a little mouse. It was cute but a little disturbing haha

0|0
    0|0
  • Her being shy is okay mostly. Only problem is most shy girls parents see her as weak and vulnerable so don't let her be very independent which gets in the way of a guy trying to see her more when they give her rules about when she can go out and under what circumstances.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hard to say, it's like shy girls seem to get my attention a lot more than extroverted ones. That maybe because I tend to keep to myself a lot and won't joke around unless I truly know the people around me. But even then I won't say anything unless it's necessary.

0|0
    0|0
  • I remember my gym teacher told me that the most attractive trait a women can have for a man is that they care/love them. Personally Id prefer it because it makes everything seem more intimate / personal, but what might be difficult is showing how much you care about someone if you are shy

0|0
    0|0
  • If you are a girl you must know no girl is shy/ quieter at heart and for your problem you had a lack of self confidence.

0|0
    1|0
    • I disagree as some girls are quieter at heart it's called being introverted. And you can be confident but quiet

• The quieter girls stand out more to me because i wonder what they're all about, plus they appear more humble. On the other hand I've dated a quiet girl and we had so many issues with communication.

1|0
    0|0
  • You'd be surprised by the ammount of shy guys out there, like myself. For us, a shy girl is a dream, since we can bothfelax to eatchothers. Once we break the ice, both are unatoppable. :)

1|0
    0|0
  • From my tiny bit of experience, shy girls are pure gold... If they don't immediately block you out as a safety mechanism

1|0
    0|0
  • I find the attractive, mostly because im attracted to modest women, and shy girls tend to be modest.

1|1
    0|0
  • I find reserved women easy to talk to. I like balance in talking and listening.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think they are cute and they probably have a lot to say but the situation isn't the right one for them to be open and talkative there is mostly nothing bad about being shy

0|0
    0|0
  • I am mostly attracted by shy and quite girl since I think there is a sea of things which I can know about them. They seem mysterious and I love mysteries.

0|0
    0|0
  • honestly, i'd rather date a shy girl as i often feel like i can be a bit shy myself

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 4

• You sound reserved more than shy but either one are qualities seriously lacking in our culture. If you're shy but don't lack confidence or depth I don't see what the problem would be! Being loud & lacking either qualities is so much more offensive 😉

1|0
    0|0
  • Quiet people in general are full of suprises...😉

0|0
    0|0
  • Thats coool

0|0
    0|0
  • Im pretty shy

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes