I’m catching feelings for my guy best friend and he knows that I like him. He wants to get back together with his ex, he’s been super touchy recently?

So this guy and i have known each other for a bit now and we’re super close like we’re together all the time. Everyone at school thinks we’re dating and I’m falling for him but he’s been wanting to get back with his ex who happens to be one of my close friends. She’s okay with him and I being a thing cause she doesn’t want him back and she’s made the clear. So for the last few days he’s been super touchy and like I got over my feelings for him a little but when he started being touchy it all came back and well I’m so confused cause like I don’t know if he’s starting to feel the same way or not but i don’t know how to like know for sure and like he still talks about her sometimes and it makes me sad occasionally cause I get really insecure. My friends are all model material and she’s literally so beautiful so I guess I just start like putting myself down. But like the main point of this is to get some like advice on how he may fee. Anyone have any insight? Or advice? Thank you xx

13

Most Helpful Guys

• Not much can happen with him until he realizes it is over with with your friend. Once he sees she is no longer an option, then you can move in. As long as you or him don't get bad feelings about being "second best", then hopefully it works out and you have a wonderful relationship.

• But like do you think he I don't know likes me

• I think you need more time with him. He might be close with you just to try to get back with her. He might be touchy with you simply because he wants and misses female companionship. So it's difficult to see here what he wants and therefore I recommend you to continue your time with him and see how it develops.

• Oh okay, thank you so much x

• I may not be sure what he wants. I think he's just lonely at the moment and you fill the void for him mostly. He may like you a bit but will be hiding his feelings because he is not sure how you respond. Distance your self from him a bit for a week or two and monitor his reactions.

Most Helpful Girl

• If he's trying to get back with your friend then he doesn't like you that much. He's being touchy with you in the time being cause he knows you like him but he still wants your friend. Honestly it's best to just leave him alone.

• Yeah but I only just started at this school and even my friend says hat she thinks he’s gonna probably start liking me soon since this is the exact thing that happened to her so like I guess I get a bit hopeful at times. I mean regardless we’re gonna be friends but like do you have any tips on making the feelings like go away or like interpreting his actions?

• Just distance yourself from him, if you see him just keep conversation short.