Do you get depressed when all your friends are dating/married and you are the only single?

• Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm introverted but I'm pretty sure that if you need someone to make you happy, something is wrong with you. You most likely need to find your passion, goals and a little problem in your life to make it more meaningful. You shouldn't feel the need to be in a relationship if you're truly happy, sure it can be something you want be it shouldn't be a source of unhappiness.

2|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• You mean do you feel sad, d fed up , not depressed. Depression is a terrible illness, it can make you feel physically ill and too unwell to work or even get up and do normal things. Nobody would get such a terrible illness just because other people are happier or they are jealous of them. If everyone else is getting dates and you are not, do not get jealous look at yourself and work out why and how you should change things to improve your life. I am over sixty years of age and am never short of men who want to date me. Real men, not tossers and losers.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 41

• Nope. You get depressed when you start seeing this trend, and starting dating just anyone and accelerate your dating and marriage plans with someone you barely know in order to maintain the social standards of your peers, then find out after you got married this person is terrible and now your life truly sucks!

0|0
    0|0
  • Nah it rather makes me happy being alone. A friend of my best friend just got cheated on for weeks now. My buddy keeps telling me about this. She say she loves him, but then goes out with other dudes. When hearing this I don't really feel the need to get into a relationship you know?

0|0
    0|0
  • It is less depression and more loneliness because I guess my young age is a factor but I feel that I need someone to hold close to me and share my positive emotions with, the type which cannot just be shared with friends

0|0
    0|0
  • Nah it's just their luck to be able to find someone to be with. I'm a little jealous that they have someone outside of their family that cares about them, but not depressed

0|1
    0|0
  • Nah. I don't care that they have kids and stuff but I do miss hanging with my friends. They have much less time now.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes I do but sometimes I feel great being free and single where I see and hear all the drama that happens in relationships.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've not been in that position. In my close group of friends we are all pretty alike in that none of us are exactly what you'd call "smooth" with the ladies, so we are rarely in relationships. Two of them have had two relationships, I've had one, and one has had none, and for us that had relationships they happened at different times. To answer the question hypothetically though, yes I do think I would get pretty down on myself if they all had someone and I didn't. Especially because typically when you are with someone you spend most of your free time with them so they'd all be able to hang out with me less, making me feel even more down.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes. But then I realize that being married or in a relationship isn't all roses.

1|0
    0|0
  • In a way i feel bad for them. Stressing about relationships, being a short leash, changing thier personality.

0|0
    0|0
  • If they're happy then that's all good with me. I don't get depressed or jealous whatsoever.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yet, I also rejoice I have the chance to see more options. It s good and bad and the sadness gives the appreciation to happiness.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yep, I feel old and all my friends are dating and getting married. I feel behind the curve already as it is without all that

0|0
    0|0
  • get the lobotomy, wipe brain.
    no more memory
    no more depression

0|0
    0|0
  • That's my story too tbh; so I feel that you can't get too hung up on that type of stuff

0|0
    0|0
  • I just fuck as many women as possible before I'm dead

0|0
    0|0
  • Occasionally. But it’s been the status quo for me for so long I’m used to it.

0|0
    0|0
  • But I keep a positive outlook :) means mines just more adventurous

0|0
    0|0
  • It does sucks... but its life... we just have to live with it and hope for the best of ourself

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes but then every one has there own time of getting into a relationship

0|0
    0|0
  • It kinda does but I'm learning to keep myself happy

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 13

• Actually I never cared and now that I think of it, they hated me for not being jealous of them because they would always point it out and try to make fun of me, plus their men were always secretly hitting on me and making me feel uncomfortable behind their backs plenty of reasons to dump their friendship. Ain't life funny?

0|1
    0|0
  • No, not really because I wouldn't want to trade places. I know I am super picky and I am only gonna settle for perfection (in my eyes), else I'd rather be single and do whatever the hell I want.

1|0
    0|1
  • I don't have friends so I don't have that problem lol

0|0
    0|0
  • If I got depressed by that then I'd be depressed all of the time lol. I try not to let myself dwell on things like that. I'm happy for my friends.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, because it's hard to get left behind and see others getting what they want while you don't

0|2
    0|0
  • Definitely

0|0
    0|0
  • sometimes

0|1
    0|0
  • Sometimes

0|1
    0|0
  • No I don't

0|0
    0|0
  • Nah. But it gets lonely sometimes.

0|1
    0|0
  • A bit but having useless boyfriends is worse.

0|0
    0|0
  • No because that should be a choice to date or get married. Also it's not like any crazy achievement to date or get married , at some point in life you will do so.
    If you aren't dating then why don't you date?

0|0
    0|0
  • No I'm not.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes