Would you date a girl who starts medical school at the age of 26?

it takes 5 years to graduate

010

Most Helpful Guy

• I would not. I'll pretend I am close to your age. I have been working and established in a career since 20. Dating someone who is going to be in school from 26 to 31 is a tough time span to financially cover. Lets face it. Money is needed to do things and have fun sometimes. Love doesn't pay for everything. It is unfair to date someone who cannot financially contribute to the relationship and also accumulate massive amount of debt at the same time. It is extremely unwise for any guy to take this sort of relationship seriously and take it to the next level of possible marriage when she is basically still unproved as a financial providing life partner. So all this time I would have to provide most if not all the financial assets while she provides little to nothing other than the massive debt. How do we get married, how do we buy a house together? 5 years is a long time and these considerations are important to at least factor in when hypothetically talking about dating someone like that. Again, who is to say she would ever finish. What if she wants babies before a career is started because she would be in her early 30's by the time she graduates. Sorry, I am pessimistic, but I see more problems here than benefits.