Would you date a girl who starts medical school at the age of 26?

it takes 5 years to graduate

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I would not. I'll pretend I am close to your age. I have been working and established in a career since 20. Dating someone who is going to be in school from 26 to 31 is a tough time span to financially cover. Lets face it. Money is needed to do things and have fun sometimes. Love doesn't pay for everything. It is unfair to date someone who cannot financially contribute to the relationship and also accumulate massive amount of debt at the same time. It is extremely unwise for any guy to take this sort of relationship seriously and take it to the next level of possible marriage when she is basically still unproved as a financial providing life partner. So all this time I would have to provide most if not all the financial assets while she provides little to nothing other than the massive debt. How do we get married, how do we buy a house together? 5 years is a long time and these considerations are important to at least factor in when hypothetically talking about dating someone like that. Again, who is to say she would ever finish. What if she wants babies before a career is started because she would be in her early 30's by the time she graduates. Sorry, I am pessimistic, but I see more problems here than benefits.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Look, you need to dedicate to that and stop thinking about stupid dating. All doctors I know, male or female, live and breath their profession.

3|1
    0|0
  • Of course, shows she got goals and ambition and maybe a little pride. I like that in a woman. These characteristics are little hard to find in Millennials nowadays.

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course I would. I would support said girl 120% because that shit is hard. Plus with the history why not.

1|0
    0|0
  • Of course. 26 is not too late to make a huge positive change in your life. I would have no problem providing support to someone during this time.

0|0
    0|0
  • Why wouldn't someone? A guy I know and was in training for our job started at 26, 18 months of training

0|1
    0|0
  • Seem rather fucking late to me if I want Children when we're around 28 to 32

0|0
    0|0
  • Med school isn't a deal breaker... I see no issue here

0|0
    0|0
  • why so late?

0|0
    0|0
  • Why not? If she wants to do it, Its fine

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes