Should I stop seeing him?

I have been dating a guy since the middle of January. He is five years older than I am and has been consistent in contacting me and asking me out over the past few months. We talk every day on the phone and go out on average twice a week. It bothered me that he didn't ask me to officially be his girlfriend in all this time, although he treats me really well and compliments and supports me (both on my appearance and on achievements.) At the end of April I brought up that I would like an official relationship and he said that he wasn't there yet, even though he really enjoys spending time with me and there isn't anyone else in the picture. I decided that I no longer wanted to see him if we both weren't on the same page, and he spent two weeks trying to win me back (which included showing up outside my workplace after my shift ended with a bunch of my favourite flowers and a teddy bear.) I decided to give us a chance. Since then things have been going really well between us, he acts like a boyfriend, except I know that when he goes to visit his hometown he kisses other girls that he meets in clubs. He thinks that I am unaware of this but one of his friends has let me know. Do you think that I should continue to see him and hope for an official relationship, or has too much time passed at this stage and it is likely that he just sees me as convenient for now? I am conflicted because he is so nice to me when we are together (introduced me to his close friends and brother, has asked me to go on holidays with him), but hits on other women when we are apart.
Thanks for your advice.

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Only you can be the judge of this...

Some people want to be happy for the present... Some people want commitment for the future...

My personal take... And you will likely disagree with me... Is that...
    If a person treats me nice when we're together... I'm not thinking about the future...

Promises seemed to be made to be broken... So I rather have an uncertain future if the now is good...
    Alternatively... She can promise me the world and I might be crushed by disappointment in a few weeks... Plus the present aren't really going well...

So for me... I prefer a happy present and let life take its course...

If you need a status, then you'll have to stick with that and demand it... Failing which, you'll need to walk away...

You decide...

1|0
    0|0
    • Thank you!! I really do enjoy the time that we spend together, and haven't felt this way about someone in a long time. I don't have much relationship experience but know that I am in no hurry to move in with a partner or anything like that. I would like if he felt strongly enough about me to not take an interest in other women, and see what happens between us. He said that he is slow to the idea of a relationship because he was burnt badly by an ex in the past. I am afraid of getting hurt but would also like to continue to see him. Thanks ms for your advice 😊 I think it's quite wise! You never know what might happen, people can change and circumstances occur that you would never have foreseen, I agree we should try and make the most of now and not worry too much about the future if we can

• If that's how you feel... Your only play is to make him happy while he's with you... To the point of he'll miss you when you're not around...

Don't confuse this with being subservient and doing everything that he likes... Doesn't work like that...

We cherish moments based on surprises, being comfortable and sharing laughs on similar themes...

Good luck... He'll come around if he learns to value your presence after a while...

Recommended myTakes