How do I fix being on bad terms with my boyfriend’s sister?

I’ve been dating this boy in my school for almost three months now. He makes me so happy. However, I have one little problem with him, or maybe not him but his friend. You see, he’s friends with this girl.

I like her as a person, and we would get along just fine. However, an incident happened where I got jealous and upset after she told my boyfriend that I had to “share him” and she went to my school’s fiesta with him while I couldn’t go because I didn’t have the money for admission. She did invite me though.

But on the day of this fiesta, I was already mad as it is, so when he doesn’t show up to walk me home like he usually does, I was pissed. I marched my way down the stairs, found him, pulled him, and we got into an argument. This argument we had lead to numerous things.

By night, I was done with the day. She called me cuz my boyfriend told her what I said and she was “a little frustrated” that I had her name in my mouth. This lead to another argument and my mom got involved.

she told me that the girl said I was clingy and controlling. That I made my boyfriend feel embarrassed, and it hurt me. But cuz I didn’t hear this from him. I rather my boyfriend tell me than through his friend.

we haven’t talked since and after thinking over the whole situation, I feel bad. This escalated because I couldn’t the situation in a better way. Every time I feel this tension I can’t get rid of when she’s across from me. My boyfriend gets upset because I leave to avoid. What do I do?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, if they said you were clingy and controlling—you probably are, at least a little. It sounds like you might be afraid of your boyfriend potentially getting into a relationship with his long time friend. But know why he is with you and know why he’s not with her, limit your clingyness and you should be good. And just be civil to that other girl instead of avoiding her. She’s just a human and she isn’t going to cast you under her spell. Be more mature about the situation, say hello to her, but don’t engage in conversation. Smile, answer with one words, or simple sentences—and don’t work to create a convo. She can’t say anything mean about you being nice, and you don’t have to be a good conversationalist around her if you don’t want to talk to her.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Try to find some way to be friendly to her. Your boyfriend still needs his female friends even though he is dating you. If it continues to be a problem or your boyfrined doesn't care avoit your feelings at all, he may not be the one for you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Your boyfriend is acting immature and outright disrepectful to you for not caring about your feelings. He is treating your relationship with him like a 3way thing. I once tried to complain to my gf's bestfriend about my gf's behaviour (she caused this to happen), i found out a lot. However I learnt that my girlfriend was upset that I spoke of us to another person when we had kept our relationship private for a long time. Sometimes its good for a guy and girl to have a bestfriend but always always, if your partner is up to no good, the bestfriend will tell you so you've kinda burnt bridges with that girl. Sadly, guys and girls can never be friends without one of them having feelings for each other. Each time you hurt your partner, their bestfriend will get closer to them.

0|0
    0|0
  • So I'm guessing she's his "buddy " not actual sister?
    They both sound like bad news

0|0
    0|0
  • Interesting situation... I would apologize to your boyfriend BUT tell him your side of the story, then not talk to the girl.

0|0
    0|0
  • Dump him

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes