My boyfriend can't tie his shoes?

He is 23 years old and he can't tie his shoes laces and tucks the laces into his socks. I feel so mean that is bothers me so much. I tried to help him and show him how to do it a different way but he wasn't bothered. I know I can't do anything about it but I'm kinda annoyed at myself for being bothered.

512

Most Helpful Guy

• I wonder if this is the case because he's rarely worn shoes that required shoelaces or someone always did it for him. It's easy to get it down once you figure out the pattern with your finger movements so it almost seems like he can't be bothered to learn it or he already knows but is just too lazy to do it. I can see why this frustrates you since it's a basic skill to learn!

• He's always worn shoes with laces. Even when he wears smart shoe's for a wedding he still tucked them into his socks. It shouldn't bother me as much as it does but it just makes me feel like he's more my kid then my boyfriend.

• No as sometimes it is more like I'm dating a child compared to a young man. He's mother left when he was little and I feel sorry for him but sometimes it is more like I'm dating a teenager. We kinda argued a few weeks ago there wasn't a right or wrong answer but he kept say he was right so I told him I'm gonna go home and he cried until I stayed.

• He has to learn that a relationship is a two-way street. Both partners should be carrying an equal amount of responsibility and making the effort to cooperate and compromise. It doesn't sound like he's a bad person; he just needs some guidance to build independence and that not everything can go his way. It seems like your patient enough to wait for him which means you do have faith in him! I just hope he matures so you can have a more comfortable relationship with him.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, that's embarrassing. It doesn't take a genius to learn and do something so easy and even with eyes closed. I hope he's not as helpless doing other tasks.