Why do so many people stay in shitty relationships?

I feel like half the questions on here that aren’t asking “how do I look?” are about people trying to fix shitty relationships they have only been in for a few months. Are they really that opposed to just being single for a while?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It's funny that at the same time a popular complaint is that people aren't willing to work on their relationship problems and break up too easily, but also that people don't know when to break up when they are in a shitty relationship. I don't know what to say. 🤷🏼

0|1
    0|0
    • My rule has always been that if there is a problem you sit down with each other and talk about it. If you can’t fix it, or they won’t talk to you about it, it’s time to get the fuck out.

Most Helpful Guy

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I agree with you. A relationship which is only a few months old isn't worthy enough to spend so much time and energy on it and "wish" to fix it again. If it was at least 1 year old, yes you better try to come with a settlement but sometimes you should just let it go, specially when the relationship is still young.

0|1
    0|0
    • Sure, but there is a line to be drawn that isn’t just about time. Sometimes even a 40 year marriage isn’t worth staying in any longer.

• Show All
    • @Peanut127 And now you are spamming an old question I asked to disagree with me for agreeing with you? Huh?

• Come in guys! :D
      People have different opinions about one same thing.
      @peanut127 yes I understand what you mean.

• I feel like for some, they're not confident enough in their ability to find someone else.

1|1
    0|0
    • So don’t find anyone else. Focus on shit that is actually important.

• They don't like being single or they still have on the rose-colored glasses that make them think it could still.

• They are young, men don't really define themselves permanently till 30, they are on their training adult wheels trying to figure stuff out.

0|1
    0|0
  • Relationship, like everything in life, go through phases, it’s not always 🌈 and butterflies 🦋. You stick it out for each other if you value each other. But yup some people are insecure and don’t recognise that the other person doesn’t actually value them, and that’s just an emotional maturity thing.

0|0
    0|0
  • People are afraid of not being able to find someone else.

0|1
    0|0
  • 1. Scared to be alone
    2. Embarrassed to be single and be judged as a sucker by friends and family
    3. Used to the situation and lying to themselves... It's the last quarrel, I promise!
    4. Cowards towards drastic cutting off
    5. Many many others

0|1
    0|0
  • Guys want sex and girls want to appear like they are worth more bc they have a partner so they both settle for the shitty stuff. 8 agree tho. Talk it out, try to compromise, then make a choice

0|0
    0|0
  • People like security. And the dating world is savage.

0|0
    0|0
  • People fear being alone. At some point people start to cave and just go with whatever they can get and just "settle".

0|0
    0|0
    • If a person is afraid of being alone more than they are afraid of ending up in a shitty relationship for their whole lives they really need to sort out their priorities. But I do see your point, not everyone is that analytical.

• I don't know baby, but I wonder the same thing.

0|1
    0|0
  • LOL what a joke man 😂😂

0|0
    0|0
  • They love the other person a lot.

0|0
    0|0
    • Despite what John Lennon said, it takes a hell of a lot more than love to make a relationship work.

Recommended myTakes