My dad hit my boyfriend! What am I going to do?

My dad has always disliked my boyfriend for no reason at all, my boyfriend treats me so good and he looks after me, but my dad seems to resent him! Anyway it was my mothers birthday today and i called ahead and made sure my dad was okay with him comming over, he said okay and my mother said okay. My boyfriend went out for a ciggarette and my dad smokes aswell so he offered him one, he accepted anyway they were stood out on the back porch when i heard a crash and thud! I ran out to my dad punching my boyfriend in the face on the ground! Right now i feel so torn like he's my family, but i love my boyfriend a lot and i know he wouldn't provoke him!! What do i do? My boyfriend is in my room since we have to stay over the night it was a 3 hour drive here! My boyfriend is okay he's got a red face but he's okay! My dad is kicking off but he's not going near him again!! What do i do family or boyfriend?
Updates:
It was because he wanted his permission to marry me he just wants to get along with my dad, but he clearly isn't interested!

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• You shouldn't have to pick sides since you love them both! I would ask both your father and boyfriend what happened to find out why your father hit him like that. If your boyfriend is such a respectful and loving man to you, I can't understand what kind of grudge your father has with him. That's not fair to you and your boyfriend for him to treat your boyfriend so disrespectfully like that. It's your choice to decide who you want to be with!

I would get to the source of the problem by talking with your father about why he doesn't like your boyfriend. If you plan on getting married to your boyfriend one day, it would be best to resolve family conflicts first. Usually there's always a reason for people to dislike someone, even if the premise sounds ridiculous!

You love your boyfriend and father very much! No need for this kind of conflict to tear you all apart!

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• If you're gonna stay with your boyfriend you shouldn't bring him around your family again. Personally I don't see any reason to break up with him since there's no valid reason your dad doesn't like him and he treats you well

0|0
    0|0
    • It was because he wanted his permission to marry me :( he just wants to get along with my dad, but he clearly isn't interested!

• Show All
    • But what if my dad kicks off :(

• Then stop talking to your dad... that would be pretty inappropriate of him. He should respect your life decisions

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I saw you said it was cause he asked to marry you? I think at that point, your boyfriend did his part and no longer needs his approval.
    What do you mean family or boyfriend? How long have you and your boyfriend been together? Right now your dad is being a pos. You need to worry more about your boyfriend because he asked to marry you (meaning he cares) and he was the one hit in the face.

0|0
    0|0
  • Who gives a flying fuck if your boyfriend "provoked" your dad? Even if he did, that doesn't excuse violent assault.

You shouldn't be deciding between your dad and your boyfriend. Your dad's outta the question. You should really be choosing between your boyfriend and neither of them--depending on what exactly your boyfriend said.

0|0
    0|0
  • Your father is lucky your boyfriend is not pressing charges. What do you do? I suggest moving out of that toxic environment if possible. Obviously your boyfriend cannot return to your parent's house. Good luck.

0|0
    0|0
  • Find out what happened. Don't assume dad is an ass or you boyfriend is an angel. Something happened to set daddy off.
    Of course your father doesn't like your boyfriend. He is your father. He is unlikely to think that any guy is worthy of his little girl. Even after you are married. It's how daddy's roll. But a dad is unlikely to pound your boyfriend into the ground without some provocation. So get both sides before you assign blame. c

0|0
    0|0
    • Then your dad had some serious issues and you need to get away from a toxic environment like that ASAP.

• First of all you should get some information what happened. There must be a reason why he hit him. There are no facts at all on the table that could be used to make a rating of the situation. Im sry that your boyfriend got hurt and i understand that you must be very excited and a lot of feelings are going on but the highest priority should be cooling down and invesitigate what really happened to to clear that.

0|0
    0|0
    • Well my boyfriend knows even though he doesn't like him he's still traditional so he was asking my dad if he could ask me to marry him! my dad confrimed this

• That was very kind of your boyfriend to ask your dad but maybe not the best idea.

• Stick with your father. He surely know something he doesn't want to tell you may be the reason he hate your boyfriend so much.

0|0
    0|0
  • Clearly something was done to antagonise your dad so find out what it was.

0|0
    0|0
  • Your dads a real G Iol, I understand him lol you’re his little girl

0|0
    0|0
  • That is messed up. Why did he punch him?

0|1
    0|0
  • Really depends on why he did it.

0|0
    0|0
    • Well my boyfriend knows even though he doesn't like him he's still traditional so he was asking my dad if he could ask me to marry him! :( my dad confrimed this

• Show All
    • Hell yeah!! he's perfect!!

• So fucking marry him. Shit, my fiancée isn’t even inviting her dad to the wedding.

• Break up with your boyfriend

0|0
    0|0
  • Stick with your dad.

0|0
    0|0
    • But my dad hit my boyfriend!

• you stay with your boyfriend, regardless of your dad not liking him. THIS IS WRONG. you're going against your own dad.. for ONE guy

1|0
    1|0
    • What?

• Show All
    • What so me and my boyfriend are in the wrong?

• yeah

Recommended myTakes