My dad hit my boyfriend! What am I going to do?

My dad has always disliked my boyfriend for no reason at all, my boyfriend treats me so good and he looks after me, but my dad seems to resent him! Anyway it was my mothers birthday today and i called ahead and made sure my dad was okay with him comming over, he said okay and my mother said okay. My boyfriend went out for a ciggarette and my dad smokes aswell so he offered him one, he accepted anyway they were stood out on the back porch when i heard a crash and thud! I ran out to my dad punching my boyfriend in the face on the ground! Right now i feel so torn like he's my family, but i love my boyfriend a lot and i know he wouldn't provoke him!! What do i do? My boyfriend is in my room since we have to stay over the night it was a 3 hour drive here! My boyfriend is okay he's got a red face but he's okay! My dad is kicking off but he's not going near him again!! What do i do family or boyfriend?
It was because he wanted his permission to marry me he just wants to get along with my dad, but he clearly isn't interested!

213

Most Helpful Guy

• You shouldn't have to pick sides since you love them both! I would ask both your father and boyfriend what happened to find out why your father hit him like that. If your boyfriend is such a respectful and loving man to you, I can't understand what kind of grudge your father has with him. That's not fair to you and your boyfriend for him to treat your boyfriend so disrespectfully like that. It's your choice to decide who you want to be with!

I would get to the source of the problem by talking with your father about why he doesn't like your boyfriend. If you plan on getting married to your boyfriend one day, it would be best to resolve family conflicts first. Usually there's always a reason for people to dislike someone, even if the premise sounds ridiculous!

You love your boyfriend and father very much! No need for this kind of conflict to tear you all apart!

Most Helpful Girl

• If you're gonna stay with your boyfriend you shouldn't bring him around your family again. Personally I don't see any reason to break up with him since there's no valid reason your dad doesn't like him and he treats you well

• It was because he wanted his permission to marry me :( he just wants to get along with my dad, but he clearly isn't interested!

• But what if my dad kicks off :(

• Then stop talking to your dad... that would be pretty inappropriate of him. He should respect your life decisions