If someone rejects you the first time, can you ask them again later?

Is there any chance that someone changes there mind after a while, and what can you dot to do that?

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Don't give up just on the first try, keep trying and make her realize how much she mean to you and make her see how much you mean every word and love her, but if in the end she still can't see that than is her lost, and you shouldn't be sad or regret but be happy and keep going at last you already try you best and maybe she isn't the one for you, believe that there's always someone's waiting for you and that someone is the best things that God send it for you 😊 good luck

0|3
    1|1
  • Yes, but you have to give them a reason to do so. You need to give them space after they reject you and slowly rebuild a relationship with them. Let them know more about you and why they should date you. If that happens you will give them more information and more reasons to give you a chance.

0|3
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Of course, be it’s all about HOW you were rejected, how you reacted, how the circumstances are, between both of you, and how you ask again.
    If the interactions have a fun, innocent, playful, not-so-serious way between the guy and girl, and the boy doesn’t act all weird and creepy to her afterwards, doesn’t show he is too effected by it and still interested, she may be looking for more effort or maybe she can be won over and charmed by the effort. Happens all the time

0|1
    0|0
  • I think asking once is enough. Let them come to you. If a person likes you they will do what they need to do.

1|4
    0|0
  • Don't do it, you'll turn into Steve Urkel and end up passing up on all the sexy awesome Myra's that are out there. Just move on, she already knows you're interested so the ball is in her court to change her mind.

Don't know these characters? Watch Family Matters from the 90s...

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah, it seems that this has already been stated but for the record, don't ask her why ok? If you have the bravado to step to her a second time, tell her why you think she's right for you. If she doesn't give you the opportunity to complete you first two sentences, she is not into you.

0|1
    0|0
  • You can ask later, yet it would have to be years later where they had time to change and continue transformation of their mentality and individuality.
    We change as individuals daily so over time their mentality will be different so when you ask their answer may also be different

The question is are you willing to wait and find out the answer can still be a No?
    To be their last resort option possibly?
    Or other possibilities?

0|1
    0|0
  • i dated one guy for a long time but the first time he asked me out i said no but when i got to know him better, i said yes the second time.
    just keep hanging around, give it a few months before asking again and maybe luck will turn to you.

0|2
    0|0
  • She might have been in a bad mood, let it pass, keep in touch and be awesome, rejection is not the end of the world and you'll have to face it to get the things you want in life.

If things are going good ask her again, just don't be clingy or needy, nobody likes needy people who constantly try to please you, it screams alterior motives.
    Give space and time for her to notice your abcense, or else speaking to you will become a chore rather than enjoyable.

0|1
    0|0
  • Stop following them! The best thing is that stop giving her attention as u r doing from a lot of time! Be suspicios! See after that she notice you then cool if not then mind won't change! Find smone else! 😊

0|1
    0|0
  • Whats the point? If they rejected you the first time, then chances are you're going to be rejected again but just for the second time. If they wanted you then they wouldn't have rejected you to begin with.

1|2
    0|1
    • There is a lot of merit to you opinion on it but me speaking from experiences of my own, some women I've encountered either felt unprepared to consider the prospect of a committed relationship the first go round but after some thought and a second attempt, the possibility exists that your willingness to be candid with her about how she makes you feel, can be very liberating and rare in some respects.. I don't know..🤸best of luck bro🤸 ✌️

• I would say it's probably not gonna end in your favor, I was rejected by this girl I knew and about a year later she came back to me and wanted to try a relationship, and she is not a confrontational person. She already knows you wanted that with her so she will make a move of she wants you. Or you can say duck it and roll the dice, maybe get lucky. Either way best of luck man

0|0
    0|0
  • I make it a rule to never ask twice. 1st reason is because i know how to take rejection. 2nd reason is because i know their are more women out there. And last because me asking someone out is me giving them a chance to know me. And if they don't want to know me its fine, cuz it means i don't need to know them.

0|1
    0|0
  • If you like rejection. But I guess it would depend on if they gave a reason for turning you down. I personally wouldn't go back for more...

0|2
    0|0
  • Essentially there no means no in general unless they specifically tell you they’d like to do something else.

People aren’t idiots. If they change their mind they will at the least drop hints.

0|1
    0|0
  • Later, only if you've built a bond better than before. However Chances are they'll reject again.

0|3
    0|0
  • Everyone is different. What are your motives, what are hers? If you're just looking to hook up? Whatever. If you're looking for a relationship, don't force it. But you might still be able to win her over...

0|1
    0|0
  • Depends on the person my bestfriend had this guy chaceing her for months and she kept turning him down but when he stopped chanceing thats when she wanted him on the other hand i had it the opposite way too

0|1
    0|0
  • You can ask later but only after you've improved. And if you choose to ask then you should first show her how much you've changed. This move should be subtle, you do not want her to thing she's in control, you want her to feel as if she is genuinely falling in love the new you. After this is done can always approach her as if she's simply another girl. Let her know you like her but don't be blunt, flirt with her casually make all your advances lighthearted. If done properly she'll be the approaching you.

0|1
    0|0
  • No. No. No. Not under any circumstances. You already asked her out. If she changes her mind she will let you know. NO MEANS NO.

1|2
    0|0
  • Sure, you can always try, but if you get rejected once more, then you should just give up. Nobody likes pushy people

0|1
    0|0
  • There is no limit on how many times you can ask someone. Note that you can't force love or attraction and if you ask the person too much and often it's harassment.

0|1
    0|0
  • I would suggest not asking them again UNLESS they've pretty much hinted otherwise down the road.

0|1
    0|0
  • You can ask her again if it's been a while, other whys you wouldn't be respecting her decision.

0|1
    0|0
  • Once is enough. If a person values u and the relationship then he'll come for it himself.

0|3
    0|0
  • I asked one guy three times, before he finally realizing I'm not joking. After third try, well~ I've move on.

0|1
    0|0
  • Tried that after a few months because I thought she liked me more and had changed how she felt but I was very wrong. Got friendzoned again basically

0|1
    0|0
  • You can but you should distain what you can't have. Just forget about her and shell come to you most definitely

0|1
    0|0
  • Nope. Unless they're demisexual and they tell you they don't know how they feel.. stay away.. when you don't like someone you just don't like them

0|1
    1|0
  • Sex appeal and general Sexual Market Value (SMV) are the only things that are gonna matter here. She needs to see that you're an alpha and that you have other options and unless she is also an alpha she will think of you as more attractive when she sees you with another chick enjoying yourselves. It sounds like a dick move, I know, but most of what works to up a male's SMV in the mind of a particular chick is shitty and low. If this girl really means that much to you, you need to chill. Sit back and attract other women in her line of sight while pretending getting shut down didn't faze you. Just witnessing her chances with a quality guy slipping away will eat at her soul... unless she's an alpha. If SHE knows the game better than you do you're kinda fucked.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hell no man... after u get rejected there's no coming back

1|2
    0|0
  • In my opinion you'd just be wasting your time. Do women change their mind sometimes, sure. Every lottery has a winner and but has far more losers. My point. Don't hold out hope.

I was rejected by a cowrker once. Two years later she tells me to ask her out again in the future if we were both single and no longer working together. Well, I did just that a year later. And you know what, she said YES! Two days later I got a text that read, "I'm sorry, I can't. I don't want to lead you on"

Think about it. If any of the women that you've rejected were to ask you out a second time would your answer be any different than the first time.

1|1
    0|0
  • No i think you must realise her that she is not the only one important in your life try to make her jealous she will definitely come to you

0|1
    0|0
  • Depends man, if you guys remain friends you still have a shot (except if she turned you down in a very rude manner)

0|1
    0|0
  • It's ok to wait and ask again but after a 2nd time is when I feel I want even more distance from the guy asking.

0|1
    0|0
  • Be sweet, show personality! Many guys don't do that its a shame. Show her you enjoy her company-instead of staring at your phone. 😌

0|1
    0|0
  • I did after 8 years haha. But it depends on why he rejected you I guess

0|1
    0|0
  • My dear if any one rejects you , don't wait for their consideration , move ahead

1|1
    0|0
  • Absolutely. I've been rejected multiple times and still gone out with the girl.

0|1
    1|0
  • Maybe a long time after, or if some weird event happened that changed the picture somehow

0|1
    0|0
  • You certainly can. I have a personal policy of one ask and that's it. I get rejected, I move on.

0|1
    0|0
  • If the first time you asked was a gentle letdown.. i would not give up. however, be sure to give her more time to appreciate an acknowledge your personality and kindness to her with not much obvious attention... wait a while and be PATIENT... sooner than later she just might see a different you and then the come to ask again may take place.

P. s. If the first tine you asked the girl found it awkward that you told her without getting to know her much, it's probably best to fish out for someone else... trust me, your WILL get over her

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes you can ask them later because a person is not always the same...

0|1
    0|0
  • never never never
    you know why?
    coz I will get the same answer huhuhu

0|1
    0|0
  • hell no , of they don't want me 1x i don't want that 1000x

0|1
    0|0
  • It's called courting, but read the body language. Tells you everything.

0|1
    0|0
  • Napoleon Bonaparte did. He succeeded the second time.
    Napoleon Bonaparte did not live in the 21st century.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, some girls love a real men that knows what he want. It also shows her you don't give up easily

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't, but if you are respectful I guess it's OK to.

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course, could be the right person but wrong time

0|0
    0|0
  • Rejection for what? Rejected how?

0|2
    0|0
  • It depends on the situation lol

0|2
    0|0
Show More