Should I just give up on this guy?

So, currently, I'm interested in a guy who likes music and is in a not very well known band. He's a very chill, relaxed type of guy, but he also doesn't seem to be interested in anything other than anything music-related. I want to be his friend and hangout and be close with him, but he never seems interested in me. Then again, we aren't exactly close and we haven't known each other for more than year. I really want to become a friend, but I feel like he isn't exactly interested in me as a friend nor interested in me in general. His friend actually gave me advice for pursing him and told me what he was like based on his experience because his friend is his bandmate. According to his friend, the guy I'm interested in is really dense as in if I were to show that I liked him, he wouldn't know. Although I'm unsure of that, he seems intelligent to me, and I think he's sweet. It's also really hard to talk to him in general because I asked him what he likes to do or what his other hobbies are, and he just likes music. That's all. I have his Snapchat, and I get really jealous that he hangs out with this other girl who he probably has known for longer than I have. I feel like he's probably interested in her more because I always see him taking snaps with her, or it may be because he doesn't have anyone else around his college dorm to hang out. I want to pursue him, but seeing him always with this other girl makes me feel like I shouldn't be pursuing him. I also see snaps of him in her college dorm sometimes with her pet snake a lot which makes me think he's interested in her.

03

Most Helpful Guy

• If you are interested in him, let him know! Make sure there is no misunderstanding. The term chill has come to characterize a certain Zen like quality in an individual and in my opinion is something that should be highly regarded.

• While I do think being chill is something that should be highly regarded, he also doesn't seem to be rounded person overall. It's difficult to talk to him because he doesn't seem to have any other interests that I am well versed in. It seems more like the other girl he hangs out with is more interesting to him than I am.

• If that is the case, don't pursue. He needs to show interest or he isn't interested.