Do you prefer looking for a relationship or let it happen naturally?

Do you prefer looking for a relationship or let it happen naturally?
  • Looking for it (online, downloading apps, etc)
    Vote A
  • Let it happen, even if it took a long a time to find someone
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|1

Most Helpful Guy

• It feels so much better when a relationship naturally happens over spending bonding time with someone you really care for! It feels like you're really connecting with them over the course of months/years; that you're learning more about their lifestyle, behavior and what they like. For me, it naturally happened with my girlfriend since I've known her for 16 years (9 years as close friends, 7 years dating).

Realistically in this time age, most people would be skeptical of a stranger who is overly friendly or generous since society has taught us not to trust anyone! It also doesn't help that people have such busy schedules nowadays that most things would need to be planned ahead of time! I think that's why most people are resorting to looking for a relationship, instead of it naturally happening! I would believe most people would prefer to have relationships happen naturally, like a fairy tale because it sounds romantic if you think about it!

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I kind of believe in both, even though my boyfriend now was just a random running into each other. I've never been on a dating app but I am not opposed to people doing them. I've seen people have lasting relationships off of online dating and even get happily married.
    An example is one of my cousins find his now wife on dating cite and in all honestly it would of been too hard to find someone without it. Not that he isn't social or he's weird, its just his job is mostly from home and he can be pretty busy during the week and if he's going out its with guy friends every once in a while, he wasn't being introduced to a lot of girls in work places or friend outings because he was older and most of his friends already had marriages. It was just way more efficient for him.
    But on the other hand it think randomly meeting someone is a fun and interesting kind of thing. I would always want my partners to come from spur of the moment meetings, but now that we have technology why not use it if we need to?

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 78

• Trying to look for it can be too stressful. Better to let it happen naturally.

0|0
    0|0
  • Waiting for Godot wallflower mentality is weak and stupid. Nothing will happen without someone seizing the initiative. If someone doesn’t, not one person misses out on life, but two. Consider this before hand-wringing about rejection, to be followed by regret... it doesn’t matter. TAKE ACTION. Eventually, it works out.

2|0
    0|0
  • Here's a little secret (especially for guys) just waiting for it, does not work. You will wait forever. You need to actively talk to all the girls you're attracted to, get rejected, get laid, get into relationships. And online dating should only be a supplement to the real world. Not the main show, especially considering the abysmally low success rates tinder offers (below 1/100 match rate for an average guy, even hot guys only get 25/100)

2|2
    0|0
  • Hmmm I think we all fool ourselves if we think we control who we fall in love with or not. Yeah we can make the choice of who we want to share our lives with, but that deep connection and the right person, I don't think that is a conscious choice more so than something that just happens.

0|0
    0|0
  • I feel like in this day and age with the pressure of work and life, a lot of people don't have time to just let it happen. It seems we need to rely on apps to actually find someone. I would much prefer to just let it happen but at the same time, it feels like it might never happen. If that makes sense.

1|0
    0|0
  • I use to believe I was a feather floating in the wind but I waisted so many opportunities to make other women happy that went I see them I regret we didn't get together and so do they.

I'm more of a seek and let it be now.

0|0
    0|0
  • Letting it happen is a delusion. I've been "letting it happen" for years and it's never happened. I'm still trying to figure out how to make it happen and also find the courage

1|2
    0|0
  • When it comes to relationships I really don't care all that much anymore. Too much stress. If something does come along, then I might indulge it, but I really can't be bothered to bother with it anymore.

0|0
    0|0
  • why not both? you can actively be seeking it, but not pushing people around you to make it happen. balancing both improves your chances.

1|0
    0|0
  • Letting it happen is so much more natural. No one has to force the relationship by bringing it up, it just gets mutually recognized by both individuals and they embrace it.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't think letting it happen exists for guys. Society says we have to go out and get it.
    I have been single my entire life and never had a female friend that was even slightly interested in a relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • l am still waiting or should l say l am still looking for a very nice hot girl to love and give all myself to? lol god l wish to please a nice hot gir all alone in scotland lol the lone stranger lets make our dreams come true?

0|0
    0|0
  • There's no harm in starting a relationship either way, but I think letting it happen naturally makes it more exciting when it does finally happen.

0|0
    0|0
  • I prefer it develop naturally but that generally means that I go about my daily business and keep to myself and we all know how women absolutely love to approach and purseu men. So ya.

0|0
    0|0
  • Eh, let it happen naturally. I don't want someone to feel pressured into having a relationship with me, and I doubt anyone would enjoy that.

0|0
    0|0
  • How do you "let it happen natural " who makes the first move in this perfect scenario? Or do you just going to bump into somone and it will be like a movie where you fall in love. 🤣

0|0
    0|0
  • It is hard this days. You can't do that at work all thow you spend most time there and a lot of time at free time we don't have same hobbys what girls do

0|0
    0|0
  • For me the right one will be whom I can feel. And that doesn't happen by itself. It takes my liking my tolerance and my partners liking and tolerance to be one

0|0
    0|0
  • Let it sorta happen, it can suck sometimes or seem like it won't but it will, and when it does it will count, searching is dangerous in a way, for one you start almost subconsciously forming a match, and ofc we all want certain things but it becomes to specific and anyone not %100 matching we don't give a chance, and if we do it can easy just feel "wrong", you may is question if you are right or if they just matched the person you thought would, if you settled, or may get so fed up you do settle and waste time on a person who is actually kinda a dick ha, the 2 most significant relationships I've been in have been with people I never expected to and i met both of them by chance, when it happens randomly and suddenly it's because you and that person "clicked" it usually means you are "good together"

0|0
    0|0
  • Paying attention to who is around, but mostly just let it happen naturally.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 30

• I find when you look for a relationship - it doesn't work - you have to wait for the person to come to you

1|1
    0|0
  • Well I guess judging by this I looked for one because I was on a dating app but I wasn’t expecting it too so I wasn’t really looking for it if that makes sense
    I met my man on pof been together a year and 5 months

0|0
    0|0
  • Last time I went looking for it, especially since the dudes in my area were all man sluts before I moved with my boyfriend who found me on match. If I ended up single again I'd probably let it happen.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you wait, you let so many opportunities zoom by you. Why wait for something to happen, when you can make it happen?

Nothing starts until you take action.

2|2
    0|0
  • Looking for it simply because when I tried to let things happen nothing happened. The naturally happens are for people who are more social / have various social outlets so they are more bound to meet someone.

0|1
    0|0
  • Relationships aren't real if you have to force it. Although restating your question, can you find real love using an app? Sure. Broadens your chances.

0|0
    0|0
  • Both. I normally let it happen naturally as that seems to be the moments that you meet the most decent people, by accident. But when it’s not working out or that breakup happens, i tend to start looking

0|0
    0|0
  • I think a lot of online dating is fake gets your hopes up and when you try too hard it doesn't really work most lasting relationships start out more like friends

0|0
    0|0
  • Let it happen naturally. I do not think that anyone could force himself or others to fall in love, love just happens.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think the second option, letting it happen naturally. It's more romantic and that way I think you learn more about each other, as opposed to relying on pictures off an app to get your impressions of a person.

0|0
    0|0
  • I’m content with being single, if someone comes along then I’ll be fine with that too. So letting it happen naturally.

0|0
    0|0
  • I leant to let things go. It was difficult but I learnt it.
    I enjoy my life. I enjoy being myself and love found me when I least expected 🙂

0|0
    0|0
  • Seek and you shall find. Ask and you shall receive. Knock and doors will open.

2|1
    0|0
    • I like your user name and I like your quote from the bible as well.

• a little bit of both, but kinda just hope someone sooner or later will come my way.

0|0
    0|0
  • Let it happen naturally. Don't like dating sites or anything.

1|0
    0|0
  • I dont look for trouble. If trouble finds me and I can't escape... then... let it happen

0|1
    0|0
  • Somewhere in between... if I find someone I like, I will pursue them, however actively searching for a relationship almost always ends horrible.

0|0
    0|0
  • I want it to just happen you know, out of the blue. But I'm honestly the most impatient human being on earth, sooo... I honestly don't know:)

0|0
    0|0
  • Letting it happen naturally is a much better way to go about it

0|0
    0|0
  • Let it happen, even if it took a long a time to find someone

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Girls

Recommended myTakes