Would you be okay with your S. O. remaining friends with someone who rejected them?

My boyfriend and I have been together for a year, and he has this female friend whom he has lots in common with. He made a move on her three years ago, but she turned him down pretty firmly, but they still remain close friends today. He's been rejected by other girls before, but he no longer talks to them. What's so special about this particular girl, and would you be okay with your S. O. remaining friends with someone who'd rejected them?

510

Most Helpful Guy

• It would depend on what I was seeing in their interaction. My girlfriend has frequent contact with one of her exes and is connected on social media with a few others. I have social media connection with one of mine also. We're both fine with that because we are confident that neither of us has any romantic interest in any of those people.

If, however, I saw her bring flirty with any of those guys, then I would not be happy and would want her to stop being in contact with him.

People's feelings change over time. Just because he wanted to be with her then doesn't mean he wants it now. He could just like her as a friend. I was friends with one of my exes for several years after our romantic relationship ended and had no desire to restart the romantic part. She even came to my wedding because my (now ex) wife felt confident that it was just a friendship and nothing more.

I guess what I'm saying is that you need to assess it based on the current situation, not what happened years ago. If they really are just friends, then I think that's fine. If there's anything flirty going on though, then that's a problem.

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends on how close.. if they go out and do things together then yes I will mind but if it is just someone who they see at parties or with mutual friends etc then it is not a issue.