Sensitive boyfriend hiding previous flings from me?

So my boyfriend of almost a year is amazing, but he's extremely sensitive. We're both 17 right now but I'll be 18 soon. We've both made the decision to stay virgins till marriage. I know about his past love interests, and all of that. Except I'm finding out from his mom that they were a little more than interests... Apparently, the girl he was "talking to" about 6 months before we even met, well they were together all the time and his mom even caught him alone with her in her room at a party. He neglected to tell me any of this. And now yesterday, I found out that before this other chick, he was fawning all over this other girl and being romantic with her, and they were planning a trip together. He only told me this was a friend. It's not that I care or anything other than the fact that if he's not a virgin like he says I'd like to know, and he's not being completely honest with me about his past. But he's also super sensitive and if I bring it up he will get super defensive and turns into a brick wall. I don't know. What do y'all think?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• What happened before you were official is none of your business. Both you and his mom are doing nothing but stirring up drama.

0|0
    0|0
    • I realize that, my problem is I don't want him lying about it. I. e. He said that one girl and him were "just friends". Honestly I don't care if he liked other girls before me, but him lying about it isn't okay

• Given the way you react, its clear you do care, and that you likely didn't allow him to tell the truth without anu drama.

Had he came forward saying that 100 openly, you'll use it as fodder when you are in a fight with him and want to sling mud. "Did so and so do that for you?", "Why didn't you stick with her then?"

You can try to say you don't care, but your actions indicate the exact opposite. Recognize your jealousy.

• Yeah I guess I am jealous... but that doesn't make it okay for him to lie to me! I've never pressured him about his past before

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• 1) Stop talking to his mom; this is going to ruin it for you
    2) Stop saying you don't care when clearly it's burning a hole in your mind.
    3) His past is none of your business unless he makes it your business. Stop asking. Stop wondering. Accept him for who he is right now.

0|0
    0|0
  • If he's unwilling to share, then he's hiding something. If he has lied about his past, he can easily be hiding other things.

0|0
    0|0
  • Damn I respect this dude hahhaha

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes