Why does the fact that I have 2 kids put women off?

I'm dad to 2 kids now whenever I tell a woman that they go fuck that or the worst one oh that's nice then you never here from them again

1830

Most Helpful Girl

• @JonnyTrauma people have preferences. I am a single parent. When I think of men who are single parents these things runs through my head: why isn't he with his family, how often is he with his children, how much time and effort is he putting towards them, is he committed to actually being a father, does he respect his ex even through all the BS. I don't think I would concern myself with whether or not he and the ex would get back together, or whether or not I am his first priority. I actually would be highly disappointed if he put me before his children because I would feel that he isn't really parenting well if that was the case (under reasonable circumstances). I'm sure men have the same thoughts about single parent moms too. The other thing is typically women are much more difficult to deal with then men. A single dad vs a single mom with baggage and baby parent drama, more likely the single dad will have baby mama issues that exceed what women are willing to put up with. Single moms normally have loser ex's who tend not to be involved at all, or very minimally. Not saying it can't happen the other way around, but females = drama all around.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Very good point. Unfortunate that this makes it harder for good people in finding relationships. I used to think I wouldn't date someone with a kid for petty reasons, but now that I'm a little older I also realize that it forces people to be a bit more mature (hopefully) which is nice. Plus growing up with a caring step mom, I understand the kind of relationship some of these kids who happen to be caught up in it, would want out of it all too.

• I tell women that yes I'm friends with my ex and that's better for my kids and I see my kids as much as possible and still do everything I can for them there's no drama between family. I hate deadbeat dad's I'm not one and would never leave my kids

Most Helpful Guy

• Because it's drama. Kids often don't like step parents for a variety of reasons, kids often interfere with plans (One gets sick, babysitter cancels, etc). Also, a lot of people don't want to deal with the work that goes into raising children unless they're their own.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I keep seeing the word drama popping up and there wouldn't be drama but no one give me the chance to prove it

• I have tried dating an older women but some then say I'm too young for them. I can't seem to win

• That sucks. Well, the right woman is out there. Really she is. Can't make the wrong women into the right one.