How do you stop fearing rejection?

I have not asked anyone out for almost 6 years?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Get more comfortable w rejection! I sound crazy you’re right. But listen if you’re more opened to rejection, rejection won’t be as hard. Like for example When I was little I always used to never ask my mom for things in fear of rejection or her saying no. I eventually grew to the possibility it’s a 50/50 chance you either gotta take it or wish you did.

1|0
    0|0
    • Okay I can try.

• Show All
    • And that’s ok!!! 😁 I’m not good with people and do have that fear of rejection. I try asking friends to do stuff more to sorta help that fear. If I can stand being rejected by my friends a person who doesn’t have time for me shouldn’t be too much harder

• I hope so, I really want to ask someone out.

Most Helpful Guy

• Hard, one guy I know just goes to the mall after work to pick girls up, he picks them up in the day, generally it's just to have a book of numbers, look up real social dynamics online, heaps of tutorials, I'm to busy in my own head to ever be lonely. Not sure 100%why.

0|0
    0|0
    • How do you know if they are close enough in age?

• Show All
    • Yeah got meet people, make 5 guys 5girls a day, say hello or good morning /afternoon to everyone you met.

• thanks hope you are having luck with the ladies!

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I make it fun for myself. That way I get to do something I like whether or not the other person wants to come with me.

So I’ll ask them something like “hey would you like to go out to ice cream with me?” That way I get ice cream regardless of if the cute boy comes with me XD

0|0
    0|0
  • It's an odds game. But you can't win if you don't play. Maybe take time and get to know them a little better. Let them see the real you. You'll be able to better see who is a better match and interested in you.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm not sure, I wish I knew. I haven't ever asked a girl out because I fear rejection. I've liked plenty of girls but always tell myself that I'll get shot down, so I don't try. It sucks because I want a relationship but I'm too scared to go for it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think you can minimize it but not stop it.
    Also, I suppose targeting girls you have no feelings for is part of the trick.

0|0
    0|0
  • Make a joke out of it... Always expect a NO and just be yourself... when the YES will come you will be happy

0|0
    0|0
  • Ask ten random girls out. You will realize that it feels better to get rejected by ten girls than it does to never ask one out.

0|0
    0|0
    • You sure it feels better

• Yes because after you realize they are not out against you they are trying to protect there womanity. Make it a goal to ask ten women out and then you'll will know what i mean. You willalso realize that when you are super excited about it that it is kind of a turn off because it makes you seem desperate. Then you’ll realize that eventually if you ask enough women out you can see that it is possible. Jst be ready for them to say no like its not a big deal. They will be intriged by you not getting upset and they will remember you. I think yes, you will feel better. Because have you asked ten women out yet

• Have a joke ready be like yea i would say no to me to. And then give them your number on a sheet of paper with a note like just thought you were cute. Say call me when you change your mind. Make a joke like i get a lot of calls but i have voicemail to

• Its all part of salesmanship, you may get a thousand nos but all you need is one yes

0|0
    0|0
  • Get you some rejection

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't care.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes